Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Huge!

We had a big event in our house today! Well, two big events.

1) dean slept from 9pm-9:45am in her new "big girl" bed.
2) dean slept from 9pm-9:45am in her new "big girl" bed and stayed completely dry.

I am in complete shock. I looked at Chaz nervously after we put her to bed and said "why on earth did we decide to try out two HUGE new things with Dean tonight? Big girl bed and big girl undies? What are we thinking!?"

And of course, she proved us wrong. She did excellent. I was so, so proud.

I think this has been the hardest milestone. She seems so independent now. She doesn't need me for every little thing. Her mantra these days is "I can do it" or "let me do it". It kills me.








We haven't touched a diaper in two days. She hasn't had an accident all week. She has gone to school and ran hours worth of errands with me.

Awesomeness.

Hmmm, what to spend the extra money on now that I'm not buying diapers...
Ok, sorry for the total "mommy" post but I wanted to document this HUGE milestone.

New things she's saying/up to:
- says "I'm just playing wif you" when she does something she's not supposed to.
- super bossy. (wonder where she gets that?) She is constantly telling us where to sit, where to park, where to turn, etc. Backseat driver.
- is eating so much better these days...sometimes even asking for seconds!
- loves to put on makeup, jewelry, and dress up. (and of course pose!)












-not a day goes by that she doesn't make me laugh super hard.
-says "all kinds of stuff".
-used the word "patient" yesterday and used it correctly. I was using my computer and told her she could have it after I finished. She waited until I gave it to her. Then she said "I was being patient".
-still not the greatest at sitting down at the table for dinner and staying put until we finish eating.
-is the biggest helper! Puts her dishes away (in the dishwasher!), gets things for me, throws stuff away, let's Sammy out. This is awesome.
-still completely and utterly obsessed with Barney. Terrible.

Last but not least, a few pictures from Easter at Chaz's grandparents. I'm behind on my posting, as always.
























- Bonnie :)

1 comment:

Caitlynne and Jared said...

Bonnie, thanks so much for the sweet comment! You made me feel a lot better. I didn't even think of the hair and makeup thing!

What a big night for Dean! She looks precious in her big girl bed!