Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

39 weeks!!

I'm a little late in posting so really I'm almost 40 weeks. Eek! Honestly, I never thought I'd make it this far. I think that's how most gals feel but really, I truly didn't think it would happen!

I had my last doctor's appointment yesterday (I remember scheduling all of them and laughing to myself that I wouldn't need all of them...boy was I wrong!) and didn't really get the news I wanted. That's one thing this pregnancy has taught me-I can't control everything!

I was only dialated to a 2.5 and 75% effaced...not the 8 that I wanted. Haha!! The doctor told us that we could have induced yesterday but I just didn't feel comfortable doing so without a medical reason. So we set an induction date for Monday, if Dean hasn't come by then. Well, the nurse called us later to tell us that Monday, our doctor was completely booked and that Tuesday was the earliest she could get us in. Tuesday!!?? AHH!! I realize, in the big scheme of things, that this is such a short period of time but it just doesn't feel like it when you're as big as a whale and in pain.

I've been having waves of contractions for the past 3 nights. They were strong enough that we considered going to the hospital but they were anything but regular so we refrained. I had a pretty good day yesterday with minimal pain but I woke up this morning pretty swollen and with zero energy. I hate to sound so negative because I really am sooo excited and can't wait to meet Dean!! These last days of pregnancy just aren't all that pretty :) You will see what I mean with my glamorous 39 week portrait below. Ugh, sorry to scare you...





Yeah, not pretty, I know. But whatevs...I'm over feeling pretty. Haha!!

Speaking of not feeling well, my first "baby" had an upset tummy last night. I think the picture speaks for itself, poor baby!!



I guess she was experiencing sympathy pains, ha!

Luckily, my mom's been here this past week helping me with laundry, cooking, picking up, shopping, etc. I'm a big fat waste of space these days and having her help us out is huge!!

Well, I'll keep you updated. Hopefully, next time I post, it will be from a hospital bed. Ha! Thanks soooo much to everyone for all your prayers, calls, texts, emails...we've been so overwhelmed with all the love that's been shown to us. We truly appreciate it!!!

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Girl! If you are already that dilated and effaced, chances are REALLY good that Dean will not wait until next week! That's what I was when I got induced with Eli and it was very smooth sailing...fast and easy :)

I'll keep you in my prayers!! Exciting times :)

Kellee said...

hang in there!! she will be here in less than one week :)

Tiffany said...

Hey Bonnie, I just thought of something when I saw your "first baby". When we had Andrew, we had two Westies, a male and a female. We had the female longer and she was very much our child. One thing we did to get the dogs used to Andrew's scent, was to wrap him in a receiving blanket and then gave the blanket to the dogs. Our male completely loves Andrew to this day and is so patient with Andrew. But on the other (sad) hand our female bit Andrew twice. Never broke skin, but your "fur babies" become just animals real quick once they harm your real baby!! So needless to say, our female lives with my grandparents now. I hope for your sake the "fur babies" get along well with Dean! Jealousy isn't pretty with pets either!!

Becky said...

Hello again! I just had to comment again, I found your blog thru kelsey, and girl, you are seriously almost there. I remember feeling the exact same way, did NOT think I would make it to 40 weeks, and boy did I. I was 40 weeks on a monday and had my baby girl on a friday, and induction was scheduled for the following sunday if she hadn't come by then. They seriously do have a mind of their own!!! But its SO worth it. and you may not think about it now, but its definitely worth them staying in there as long as possible. My girl was so healthy, strong, had a good suck, and breastfeeding, if you plan on doing that, goes much better if they are more developed. I recently took my blog private, but you are more than welcome to read if you want an invite, just let me know and send me an email to becky.kessel@hotmail.com. I put my birth story on there so you could get an idea of how things went for this 40+ week preggo chick too=) if not, I will just cotinue to stalk your blog and read your updates...=) (what else is there to do when you are home with a 1 month old??!) congrats again and you will do great! Just try to rest up as much as you can, i went into labor on a thursday night and had no sleep, she came into the world at 9:52 am friday, and my hubbs and I still had not slept until around 3am that sat morning...!!!

Jessica said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Dean.... I keep sneaking over to your blog to see if she has come yet. Hang in there. I'm with you. I did not think that I'd make it to K's due date, & I passed it by 2 days...not what you are wanting to hear, but she will be in your arms before you know it & you will be the happiest ever!

Jamie Thompson said...

Its ok to complain- the end of pregnancy sucks!! You are so close, before you know it you'll be holding your sweet girl in your arms. Just a little encouragement--I felt immediate relief from all those pains as soon as he was born (obviously had some new ones in unmentionable places but I think its way better) :)

Kim said...

Praying for you guys and that your little girl will come sooner than Tuesday. Get all the sleep you can now; it is hit or miss once she is born but so worth it. That's wonderful that your mom is there early to help. Can't wait to see pictures next week.