Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sooooo close....

Just some thoughts from a gal who has a few days left in her pregnancy...

Who's idea was it to finish out her last weeks of pregnancy in mid-August? Oh wait, me. It's only been 104 here and my 500 year old a/c is on it's last leg.

I woke up this morning with my left hand completely swollen. I'm guessing this is not normal? I'm able to make a fist again which I couldn't do as of about 2 hours ago. It looked like I had blown up a surgical glove and tied it on my hand.

Is it a contraction or is Dean just squirming around? I hate not knowing. I mean everyone, including my doctor, says "oh, you will know" but how do I really? My stomach gets tight and hurts for a second or 2 then goes away. Then I feel Dean roll over or something. What in the world is going on in there?

I went in to Dean's room yesterday for the first time in a week. It was a weird feeling. Sometimes I feel like this pregnancy is just a dream. But little things like her crib, the stacks of diapers, and all her beautiful clothes remind me that yes indeed, there is a baby on the way.

This week has been a weird week for me. I actually hadn't felt so good since my 2nd trimester. I've been able to get right up, get laundry done, fix Chaz's lunch, etc. It's been wonderful. Then this morning came and...ugh. Where did all those great feelings go??

It's so odd seeing the expiration dates on things. (i.e. the milk I just bought.) It expires 9/22. I will have a 4 week old by then. Something my brain can't seem to comprehend at this point and time. And if your wondering about the crazy long expiration date, it's that Horizon organic milk. I can't get enough of that stuff...

Speaking of dates, another thing I find odd is scheduling things in September/October, etc. August 21st is the only date I've had on mind for so long that to be thinking of events past that date seem to be incomprehensible to me.

Lately, I'm obsessed with labor stories. I love to hear how someone went into labor; if they were weeks early, if they were late, if their water broke, if they had to be induced. Yeah, I'm a complete weirdo. Its as if in some way, hearing that their baby came early that mine will too? Or if I feel this pain then that means labor? I don't know. Just scroll through my DVR at all the taped "Baby Story" episodes and you'll see what I mean.

Chaz and I went and saw "The Other Guys" last night. 4 words for you: Don't. Waste. Your. Money.

Ok, I'm done rambling. One day I will look back on this and laugh at my idiotic self. One day....when I'm not stuffed like a turkey in the oven on Thanksgiving day...

3 comments:

luke w said...

I told your husband that movie was worthless. Oh well, I can't blame you guys. I still would have seen it if you had told me it was bad. Very disappointing.

Jamie Thompson said...

You're so close!! Maybe since you don't feel good today its super close :) My hands went numb in the last week during the night- weird I know!! Saying a little prayer for you. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would- you can do this!!!

Jill said...

My due date was also Aug. 21, and my baby (first and only) came on Aug. 23. I didn't "just know" the way everyone says. But, I had a feeling it was contractions because several people told me it would feel like menstrual cramps. Agreed! Then, true labor is just really BAD menstrual camps all very close together. I would say that if you also go #2 a lot and then have those crampy feelings, you're super close. Does that help any?