Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

21 Weeks & a Belly Full of Gratitude!

First of all, I cannot thank you all enough for your sweet, kind, and encouraging words. Like I said, I was so hesitant to tell the world in fear of the TMI syndrome but I’m SO glad I did. I’ve had so many gals tell me they have experienced the same thing and it all turned out okay. So again, thanks from the bottom of my heart. You have put this momma at ease! :)

Let’s see, what little Miss Dean is up to these days…ummm how about lots and lots of kicking! All day every day she doesn’t let me forget about her (not that I would.) But I cherish these little kicks more than anything on the planet right now. It’s so funny because if I’m looking down at the right time, I will see my belly move, like someone is poking me with a pencil from the inside. Man oh man is it weird! She is still most active after lunch and around 10pm. So I think this means I have a night owl on my hands. She must take after her daddy.

This week: By now your baby looks like a mini-version of what she'll look like when she's born. All her facial features are formed and hair is growing on her head. She's even acting like a baby and will occasionally suck her thumb or yawn. (Which we saw her clearly doing on her sono.) Baby's heartbeat is getting stronger and can be heard using a good old-fashioned stethoscope. Your baby now weighs between 10 and 11 ounces (actually I think Dean weighed in at 13 ounces) and is approximately 7 inches long—the size of a carrot. So neat to hear how much she grows by the week!

Well, here I am at 21 weeks! Can’t believe I only have 19 to go. Wow! I kinda freak myself out when I say that. Ready or not, she’s coming so soon!




PS: Can you guys tell me what strollers you recommend and why? Chaz and I really like the Safety First Air Protect Stroller because of the side-impact feature but wanted some feedback on what you guys liked. I’m still trying to understand the whole stroller/car seat thing. What do you do when the baby outgrows the car seat that fits into the stroller? Do we have to buy a new stroller all together??? Man do I have a lot to learn!

4 comments:

Erynn said...

hey. not having even used our stroller (so take this or leave it) we got the city mini stroller. Then we got the carseat adaptor so we can place the seat in it. My plan is to not use the carseat in the stroller for long at all but just the stroller itself. one of my best friends bought the city mini as well and loves it! It's really light, easy to put up/down, and is small....so you don't "have to" get a stroller that goes with your carseat, just an option.

Kristen said...

A lot of my friends with one baby (I am not much help with only one) LOVE the chico stroller/car seat combo. First you use the car seat in the stroller & then when they can sit up you just use the stroller & leave the car seat in the car. :) I had the Graco & thought it was just as good, but I didn't have that many options with twins. I think you will make the right choice no matter what because you are the momma & whatever you go with will work. I have learned that every mommy has their own opinion and you just have to pick one and go with it & never look back. You will be a great mommy!

Jennifer said...

Awe, a little carrot! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait to meet her!! :-)

Love you lots and be sure to keep a running tab/list of all the great advice you've been given! Ife and I will kids one day and they'll the Wester influence :)

Love you guys!

Jenn

Tiffany said...

I used a Graco Travel System for Andrew. Andrew outgrew the carseat before he turned one, so I got an Eddie Bauer carseat and had to keep it backwards until he turned one. We still have(and use) the stroller, but we sold the carseat. Now I am trying to find a double stroller!!