Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Wishful Wednesday :)

I’m taking part in Wishful Wednesday today. I got this idea from Kelsey's blog. I like today’s Wishful Wednesday topic because houses are my passion and today’s topic is right up my alley:

“I wish' .... I could come home to ____ house everyday!”

I wish I could come home to this house, The Breakers, everyday!!


My expectations are low, huh?

The Breakers was built as the Newport summer home of Cornelius Vanderbilt II, a member of the wealthy United States Vanderbilt family. The 70-room mansion boasts approximately 65,000 sq ft of living space.


The home was constructed between 1893 and 1895 at a cost of more than $7 million (approximately $150 million in today's dollars adjusted for inflation)!!!

Bah! That’s chump change!

This is my all-time favorite house…and that’s saying a lot because I love me some real estate. I had the privilege of visiting Newport, RI about 3 years ago and this "house" is where my love affair with old homes began.


One can dream, right?? :)

2 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Okay, you win!!! I absolutely love your future house ... Chaz has his work cut out for him!

ryan and danielle said...

i wouldn't mind coming home to that mansion either! a girl CAN always dream!