Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, September 07, 2009

Boo on O.U.!

Ouuuuuch! That's all I have to say about this weekend. The OU vs BYU game was BRUTAL! Not exactly how we thought it would turn out. :) Luckily, we were able to see two of our favorite people, Allison & Aaron, to make the game a little more enjoyable. Here we are before the game...in happier times:




Yes, Aaron is wearing a BYU shirt. Apparently he lost a bet at work. He was thrilled.

The new Cowboy Stadium was amazing. Ridiculously expensive ($10 for a bag of popcorn, $8.50 for nachos, $90 parking, etc) but awesome. I took a few pics of the $100 million dollar screen for some prospective on just how huge this sucker is:


A little dark but you get the idea:


It was so ginormous and clear that you could follow the quarterback's eyes before he threw the ball. I liked that although I found myself watching the screen more than the actual game. Oh well. It was neat to experience the stadium while it's still clean and shiny.

Last night, Chaz and I got the idea to make dinner together instead of going out to eat. We researched a few recipes that sounded yummy and went to the store and bought all of the ingredients together. I'm so glad we did becuase everything we made turned out surprisingly delicious! We made chicken fajitas marinated in cilantro and serano peppers, fresh tomatillo salsa, grilled onions and bell peppers, cilantro chile cream corn, fresh guacamole, and grilled potatoes basted with Cayenne pepper. Holy moly! My mouth is watering thinking about it! Chaz has become an excellent griller and last night, he knocked it out of the park! We took a pic of us cutting, marinating, and salivating:


This was better than any meal we've had in a long time. The picture doesn't show it but both dogs were at our feet, anxiously awaiting any scraps we may have had. Ha!

Oh and I was cleaning off my camera and found this sweet picture from the weekend before when I went to Texas. It's a pic of my nephews Peyton and Tristin hanging out on a Sunday morning with my dad, aka "Pa", just shootin' the breeze. Too precious not to post:


Luckily, we have a pretty quiet few weeks ahead of us before we head to Sonic Convention in Vegas. We're now tacking on a few extra days because Chaz's parents hooked me up with Britney Spears tickets. Wa-hoo!!!! So needless to say, I'll be needing to save up my energy for 7 full days in Vegas. Wow. That's a long time to be in Vegas.

Anyway, hope everyone has an awesome Labor Day. I think I'm going to go celebrate it with a little bit of shopping. :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

loved getting to see y'all, even though the game wasn't as fun! :(

and i just might have to get those recipes from you...yummo!!

Terry said...

Wait...did you say $90 parking??? No way!

And who took the picture while you were cooking? Zena?