Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Turkey Trottin

So Thanksgiving was great. Anything that involves food is always great, in my opinion. I made a sweet potato casserole that was TO DIE FOR! Yes, I’m bragging. It was nothing short of awesome. It was almost like a dessert instead of a side dish. Mmmm, I could go for a heaping of that right now. I got the recipe off of www.thepioneerwoman.com. If you have never visited her site, you must! She is hilarious and has some awesome recipes.

So how ‘bout them Sooners!? In my opinion (which isn’t worth a yankee’s dime), I hate the BCS, even though it turned out in our favor. I say, settle it on the field with a good ‘ol playoff. A computer and lobbying shouldn’t determine jack squat. Isn’t that supposed to be the beauty of sports? That there are no politics involved? Save it for the White House. I know my husband is shaking his head right now in disappointment with me. Sorry, Chazzie :) He doesn’t necessarily agree with me. But if the tables were turned, I‘m sure he would…

Speaking of my Chazzie, I have the best hubby in the entire world. Sorry, ladies, but it’s true. Chaz got up at the crack of dawn and out of his snuggly warm bed Thanksgiving morning to cheer me on at the Turkey Trot. And it was anything but warm. It was chiii-llly. But it was a really good race for me. For some reason, I run so much better in cold weather than hot. Here’s a pic:


I would have taken more pics but I have a camera that's stupid. We’ve had this camera for over 4 years and after it died on us at the race, I told Chaz “THAT’S IT!” We did some shopping around and bought a new camera. It was delivered today. Can’t wait! I don’t know what it will be like to have a camera that actually zooms in and doesn’t look like every picture we take was in a cave. Plus, Zena ate part of the cord last year so it takes like 30 minutes to load pictures on to the computer. GHETO!

So I went to the doctor this week and they wanted to get a blood sample taken. If you know me, you know that I ≠ blood. I’m deathly afraid of needles. Well, since I haven’t had a shot/blood taken since high school, I figured I’m a big girl now and could handle it. Boy was I ever wrong. I had my head turned so I couldn’t see anything that related to the needle. Once the alcohol was rubbed on my arm, I knew that was it for me. I started dripping with sweat (I’m talking huge drops of sweat were rolling off my chin and down my neck). I had to put my head between my legs and started slurring my words. I managed to mumble something to the effect of “IIIII think…IIII’m….gonna….sick” and just as the nurse whipped the trash can in front of me, I…ahem…lost my lunch. The nurses kept holding my head and fanning me asking if I “was still with” them. Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing, to say the least. You would think they were performing open heart surgery on me or something. (I’m actually getting kinda queasy rehashing this story.) I think I’ll move on now. I’m a weenie. I know.

Well, the half marathon is in 10 days!!!!!!!!! What!!!??? I’m actually really excited. I’m just hoping for some decent weather. I don’t mind cold but I could do without rain. Yuck. Running in wet clothes doesn’t sound like fun to me. It sounds like the making of a good rash. No thanks. So lets keep our fingers crossed for no precipitation.

Yeah, its almost the weekend!!!

2 comments:

Erynn said...

have so much fun at the 1/2. Our church will be out at the end to cheer everyone on. I loved that part when i ran it 2 years ago.

Funny about you with the doctors, when you are pregnant some day (or trying) you'll have blood drawn ALL the time-get ready!! :)

Daniel and Tiffany said...

are you getting excited for Sunday?! I would be alot more excited if it weren't freezing and rainy here today for my run! Waaa!