So we’re officially home owners :) Yeaaahhh!! I cannot believe it! We closed yesterday at 2pm and have already started redoing the house. Last night, we ripped up the carpet in the 2 extra bedrooms to reveal the hardwood floors underneath. To our surprise, the floors are in really great shape. They just need to be refinished but we planned on doing that to all the other floors in the house anyway. Also, I got half of the kitchen painted last night. It’s a very bright ice blue color. I thinking it is going to look great with the white cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and black granite countertops. So fun!!! I’m really enjoying this part so far. Now ask me in about a week when we’ve painted the ENTIRE house and I’ll probably give you a different answer. I took pictures but can't seem to get them to pull up. Once I get the kinks figured out, I'll post them.
We were able to talk to the seller at closing and he told us that there were multiple offers on the house. I can’t believe we were lucky enough to get it! I guess it was just meant to be. Closing went so smoothly although I think I got writer’s cramp from signing my name so much.
Tonight my mom is coming in to help as well as Amanda and Chandy. Chaz’s mom and Aunt have been at the house ALL DAY today painting while we have been at work. I feel so guilty being here and they are there working on OUR house. It is so nice to have such loving, servant-minded friends and family.
In other news, I gotta give a big shout out to Courtney and Matt Bryan. They had precious little Savannah this week. She’s beautiful (from the pics I’ve seen) and I can’t wait to meet her. I guess that’s the next stage in our life-a sweet little baby to put in one of those extra bedrooms :)
1 comment:
Congrats Westers! The house sounds beautiful! We def need to come stay and I guess see a sooner game while we're there. Can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment