In other news, my weekend in Austin was a blast!! I cannot tell you how great it was to see Tina and Ash. It is so special to have friendships like theirs. It brought back so many fun college memories. All we did was talk talk talk!! Imagine that! We would sit at restaurants for hours on end just catching up. Gosh how I miss them. It was so sad to leave, that’s for sure. Here's a pic of us in front of Tina’s ADORABLE new house:

Free float night at the store I car hopped at went extremely smoothly. Boy do I have a new found respect for car hops! I was sweating to death and going in and out of those doors with a full tray of drinks is A LOT harder than it looks. I only had one car full of customers who were rude to me…and I mean blatantly rude. Of course, they didn’t say “hi” back to me and scowled at me the whole time. They picked up the free float and go “I don’t want this if it’s going to look like this.” They went on to say there wasn’t enough ice cream in it, it was melted, it was small, yada yada. So I put my hand out to take it back from them and they snatched it back from me and said “I guess we’ll take it.” Holy crap! It’s a free drink! And to top it off, they had a back seat FULL of kids that were staring at me, wanting a float. I started to hand them a float and they said “No more.” They didn’t even give the kids a float!!! Can you believe that? Those poor kids have to live with those parents and to watch them eat the float in front of them…what trash! So sad. They were great examples, let me just tell ya….
Besides all that, people were very friendly but were also VERY cheap. For over 2 ½ hours of work, I only made $3.75!! That’s the hardest $3.75 I’ve ever made. Again, carhops….I respect you. Ha!
Everyone’s coming up this weekend to help us paint. I can’t wait! I will hopefully have some pics to post soon. It’s too blah and I can’t bare to show pics of the black laminate countertops that are in there right now. Siiick! Anyway, hope everyone has a great week ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment