Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Fixing Up

I think this is the first time in my life where I actually looked forward to going to work on a Monday morning. It got me out of the house and my mind off of painting, Lowes, painting, crown molding, light fixtures, oh and painting. I am so sick of paint…I will NEVER paint again!!! Since Friday at 5pm, the only place we’ve been besides our house was to Lowe’s. Pretty sad, huh? I’m so sick of house “fixing up” that I’m not even going to talk about it. So I will talk about other things going on…

Chaz and I are leaving for Aspen, Colorado on Thursday for Casey Maynard’s wedding. I can’t wait! It will give us a chance to get away from that “thing” we’re fixing up. Plus, we can be a part of civilization again. Chaz is excited to see all of his old buddies from college. It will be so great for him. Most of his friends (well 90% of them) live in Dallas so his “boy-time” is very limited. I’m sure he’s pretty sick of paint colors, drapes, decorating, etc. He needs some masculinity time for sure.

Since we’re leaving for Aspen and the following week, we will be gone 4 days to Las Vegas (whoohooo!!!), my dad took Sammy home to Terrell with him. They will be keeping her for 2 whole weeks! I’m seriously depressed and she’s only been gone for 5 hours! I just can’t bare the thought of boarding her so my parents were kind enough to take her. She loves their place. She can be a junk-yard dog. He swims in their pond, tries to catch catfish, and runs around free with the other dogs in the neighborhood. Much better than a cage, don’t ya think? Anyway, I’m missing her so much that I started looking through some of the pics I have on my computer and came up with 2 of my favorite pics of her. Enjoy:






Anyway, when we get back from Vegas on July 8th, Chaz and I are going to start looking for another dog. I can’t wait! (That’s just what I need…something else on my plate…and on my brand new WHITE carpet.) Chaz and I are disagreeing, though, on what breed. I want another Boston or Pug, but Chaz wants a black German Shepherd. I think when we were in Vienna, we saw some of the most beautiful German Shepherd’s and I think this has caused him to want one. But I don’t know if I can deal with the hair. We’ll see. We’d both really like to adopt. The thought of buying a dog when there are so many homeless ones seems absurd….

Well I’m off. I’m about to go to “that place that I’m fixing up” to do some more “fixing up”. I need a massage…

1 comment:

*Courtney* said...

I totally understand about the painting...it's worth it in the end. And have fun on your trip! Sammy will be fine, and I bet she'd love a new friend...my vote is for another boston :)