Well Aspen was absolutely AMAZING! It reminded me so much of Austria and Germany. The mountains, the flower boxes in the windows, and the old town charm made me feel like I was back in Europe. I loved it! The weather was outstanding – so much better than the 19 days of straight rain here in Oklahoma City. I’ll get to that in a minute…
Let me just tell you that Jenna & Casey’s wedding was a fairy tale wedding. It was one of those weddings that most people never even get to attend in a life-time. My words won’t do this wedding justice so I’ll just have to let the pictures do the explaining when I post them later. We had a blast and it was so great to see a bunch of my old ACU buddies. Jenna looked phenomenal and Casey look so happy. I can’t wait to share pictures with you…you will be amazed!!! Ha!
When Chaz was away doing groomsman stuff, I rode into Aspen with Garen Glasscock, Marjon Zabihi, and Lindsey (Hines) James in Garen’s cute little convertible. I had the best time! We had the top down, zipping through the mountains and breathing in the fresh air. So fun!!! We then went and laid out at a swanky hotel pool in Aspen. I got burnt to a crisp! I still hurt. I forgot how thin the air was up there and how much faster I’d burn. I looked like a lobster at the wedding!
It was so sad leaving Colorado knowing we’d be going back to dreary Oklahoma City. I haven’t seen the sun in almost a month here! So we get back yesterday and starting in on a little bit of painting. (By the way, we only have our finishing touches on our Master Bath to go!!) Well Chaz starts painting and realizes we have a water spot on our dining room ceiling. Yikes! So of course, I’m freaking out and we’re having to call a roofer to come and fix it. Yeeeaaahh! Oh the joys of homeownership. I’m getting my first taste. So, of course, it’s about to rain again and I’m watching the weather like a hawk now. I heard this rain is causing havoc all over the state. This time last year we were in a drought. Go figure.
I’ll post pics of the wedding. We’re almost to the point of posting pics of the inside of the house. I can’t wait for you all to see it. Have a great day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment