Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Updates

Lots of changes these past few weeks! Andi is now 5 1/2 months. Crazy! I still consider her a newborn lol!!

I noticed my supply had dropped about a week before I left to go out of town for a few days. I started taking supplements, watching my water intake, etc and it slowly got better.

Well of course when I went out of town, it dropped drastically again. (Trying to find decent places to pump away from home is a whole other post in itself. Don't get me on a tangent. America is SO behind.)

So much so that the day after I got back, Andi fussed ALL day. She wouldn't nap and cried throughout each feeding. At first I thought she had an upset tummy, but by the 7pm feeding, I could tell she was STARVING. I was completely empty.

I had no frozen milk left (used all 100+ ounces while I was out of town) so I was desperate. I felt like such a failure but my child was hungry and I had to give her formula. I know. This is completely irrational but I had MAJOR mom guilt for being selfish and leaving her.

Fast forward a week now and by giving her a bottle of formula every night before bed, things have improved in so many areas!! She's sleeping so much better during her naps, has easily transitioned to eating every FOUR hours (hallelujah!!) instead of barely making it to three, is gaining weight, and just seems SO much more content. My milk supply has drastically increased, too! It's nuts. I'm definitely going to continue breastfeeding throughout the day and then give her a big fat bottle of formula at night (she usually eats all 8 ounces...WOW!) It's been a HUGE blessing.

Andi also let me push her in a swing for the first time yesterday. She LOVED it. She let me push her for at least 15 minutes. She smiled the entire time. I could just eat her up!
She's so close to sitting on her own. She can sit up for a short period of time, but slowly falls after several seconds.

She's eating oatmeal in the morning. She could take it or leave it. I'm breaking out the ol baby food maker this week. I'm intimidated by it but I'm ready to tackle it.

Dean is still LOVING school. She comes home telling me so many things she's learned. Chaz and I call her a little sponge. I'm so glad she seems to be thriving there.


No comments: