But I wanted to document this precious time in dean's life.
We try at Christmas time to find a charity/person in need to give to instead of giving gifts to each other. This year, at church, I was asked to help with a toy/clothing drive for children in foster care that our church supports. I immediately thought this was perfect for our family to get involved with.
I picked out a little girl name "J" close to Dean's age that liked the same things she did: princesses, dress-up, drawing, etc. We went shopping as a family for "J" and I honestly didn't think Dean would really understand what we were doing.
Dean helped pick out things saying "ooooh she will like this" and "ooooh this so cute for 'J'". I tried to explain why we were doing what we were doing and "J's" situation. Christmas came and went and to be honest, didn't really think much more about it.
Well of course, my sweet little girl did.
She talks about "J" CONSTANTLY. She talks about cleaning out her room to give"J" her toys, getting food for her at the grocery store, and thinks of her before bedtime. I wish I could remember every sweet comment that comes from her mouth about "J"...my heart overflows for this child.
I pray she constantly thinks about others before herself. I hope this little seed that was planted in her heart continues to grow and be something Chaz and I continually nurture. My goal is to do more things like this with her. Never did I realize how open and ready her little heart is.


- Bonnie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment