Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Victory!!!

We had a small victory in the Wester household this month...

We survived our first month on an envelope system.




I really should say a "HUGE" victory for the fact that:

1) we actually made it a month sticking to this tedious system
2) Chaz and I didn't kill each other
3) we had some unexpected expenses thrown our way and we were able to make it work.

I'm not going to lie, writing down every trip to the store or having people impatiently wait behind you at the checkout while you count your change isn't that great. I've even been made fun of when I pull out an envelope to pay for something.

BUT, all the effort and jeers are worth it when at the end of the month you know you have made your money behave and you stuck to a plan. The small victories were in the trip to the grocery store when I came in under budget. Or when I walked out of TJ Maxx (one of my favorite places) and had nothing in my hand. (This was probably the hardest for me!) It's amazing what you REALLY don't need.

Our goal is to continue this for as long as possible, especially while we are a single income family. I highly recommend it if you are looking to get out of debt or just trying to make every dollar count.

And just because, a pic of my precious little one:




My inspiration to be more disciplined...

- Bonnie :)

2 comments:

Terry said...

Will you make my money behave for me? Ha! Congrats!

Jessica said...

Congrats! It is SO hard. We're on the DR steps and things are going pretty well. Y'all should be very proud! Keep it up :)