Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, February 06, 2012

Training has begun!

Well, my half marathon training "officially" started today. I'm on a three month training plan which means the race is getting close! Guess its time to start cracking down on the ol diet, too. Somehow, I don't think hamburgers are on the training agenda.

I've been running on the treadmill for the most part still, so now I've really got to get busy running outside. Running on the treadmill and outside are two completely different animals. Running outside is much more difficult, of course, but it will be nice to have a change of scenery. There's only so many muscle bound monkeys and spandex at the gym I can take.

I'm still really struggling with running outside because I have no one to watch Dean during the week. My weekends have been pretty busy so finding the time when Chaz and I are both home is a challenge on its own. I wish Dean was still small enough that I could strap her on my back and have at it. I've just got to make the long weekend runs a priority by scheduling them with Chaz. Man, what was I thinking!?

I sound like I'm complaining which is really not the case. I'm enjoying the challenge just trying to still figure out the logistics of throwing a child into the mix. :)

Speaking of that child, love these pics Chaz's mom too the other day:



















There's definitely no strapping this gal on my back. She's gotten so big!!!

- Bonnie :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Do you have a jogging stroller? When I trained for my half, I ran most runs with a jogging stroller so when it actually came down to running the half it was way easier without having a kid to push around!

The Balch Bunch said...

Good Luck! Its tough finding the time for the long runs huh! I have the Bob and even then Channing doesnt want to sit in that thing for more than two miles right now... so I feel ya! Which one are you running?!

Bonniebeewester said...

@ Allison: Yeah I think I'm going to have to resort to running with the stroller during the week. Ugh! And Kelsey, I'm running the OKC memorial marathon April 29!! Eek!!