Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love You Forever...

Do you have this book?




I'm sure you have it on your shelf or have at least heard of it. If you haven't, please go get your copy. Now.

I love this book. My mom used to read it to me. I still remember sitting next to her as she read each page to me.

I guess it really stuck with me through all these years because I pulled a move straight from this book the other night.

There I was. Tossing and turning all night. I couldn't sleep and had been lying in bed for at least 3 hours.

Then I thought of my sweet baby. Then I thought of this book. I put two and two together and headed straight for her room...at 3am.

I scooped her tiny little body up from her peaceful slumber, walked her over to the rocker, and snuggled up to her as close as I could.

And I rocked her back and forth, back and forth.

And oh my, was it the greatest moment ever.

The rain was softly falling outside and my baby was snoring, so peacefully on my chest. I. Was. In. Heaven.

After I had had my baby fill, I laid her softly back in her crib. She didn't even budge.

Then for some reason, I easily fell right to sleep...





- Bonnie :)

3 comments:

Terry said...

Love YOU forever. Mom

Unknown said...

I love that book!

Jamie Thompson said...

Love that book! My mom read it to us too but now that I'm a mom of a boy it makes me cry. Also, you are brave, I would never pick Finn up in the night if he was asleep, haha!!