Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Friday, July 02, 2010

Warning: if you touch my belly and I don't know you from Adam, you will lose an important body part!

This is hilarious. Cassie, you are great!!

Wait a minute, is it July?! Holy mackerel! Chaz told me as we were getting ready this morning “isn’t it crazy to think that we could have a baby by the end of this month?” I should have prefaced this comment by telling you that he thinks Dean is coming on July 26th. Why July 26th, I have no clue. I think she’s coming August 18th because I had a weird dream about my mom having twins that were due August 18th. I was mad at her because she was going to miss Dean’s birth. Hahaha! Weirdo pregnancy dreams.

I’m still feeling pretty good but I am starting to feel lots of pressure in my lower abdomen and hips. It’s getting uncomfortable. I have nights where I’ll sleep great and then other nights, I get a total of about 3 hours of sleep. I guess it’s my body’s way of getting me prepared for when she gets here.

Oh and I must mention that I had my first encounter with a weirdo stranger touching my belly at the store this week. I thought I was going to make it through this entire pregnancy without it happening. Wrong.

I was completely caught off guard and totally not prepared. A lady with one of those stupid blue-tooths in her ear came out of the blue and started patting and rubbing my belly “saying oh how sweet! Little baby!” Then as I covered my belly and backed away, she began POKING MY BELLY saying “Little one, wake up! Wake up!” Are you serious!? I was so stunned that I didn’t know how to react other than to keep stepping back and shielding my baby from this lunatic. I hate that I didn’t say something. Next time, if this happens, someone will lose a larynx. There are some crazies out there!!!

Anyhoo, this past weekend, I had 2 MORE incredible showers. This makes 4 showers!!!! Is that even legal? We have just been blown away by the kindness everyone has shown us. It’s unreal. We will never, ever be able to thank everyone enough!

My bumble bee-themed, bbq by the pool shower in OKC. Incredible!


Diaper wreath-cutest idea!


Nana & Pa, my parents:


My nephew Rix and "Baby cousin Deana Lizabeth" as he calls her. (so cute!)


So many gifts!


We still didn't get all the gifts in our car...


Another small family shower luncheon the next day. Beautiful!


With Nana (my mom) & Mumzie (Chaz's mom):


More adorbale gifts! Dean is so spoiled!


My mom and I spent Saturday evening unpacking, organizing, folding, hanging, and finishing up the nursery. My mom made the comment that there's no more room for a baby in there. Ha! We are so ready for Dean...I cannot wait to hold her!!!

Sorry for the incredibly loooooong post and bless your heart if you are still reading this. Hope everyone has a fantastic 4th!!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Lose a larynx!!! You are hilarious!! Next time, YOU do the poking!

Jessica said...

WOW! I never had anyone random touch my belly, but I was prepared for it cause everyone warned me about it... sorry you were not so lucky.

I love the bumblebee themed shower- so cute. And might I mention that I LOVE your outfit at that shower- so cute! Is that maternity, or did you just find something that fit over your belly? Where did you get it? I know I'm not pregnant anymore, but I'd love to know cause it's just so stinking cute!