Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Almost done!!!

It's amazing what a little scare will do to a couple of first-time parents. We got sooo much done this weekend.

The nursery is about 90% complete! The other 10% is mainly decor for the walls so if she were to make an early appearance (gosh I hope not!) I'd feel so much more at ease knowing that everything is in it's place.

Here's a couple of pictures of the progress we made.

The bookcase I found at an antique store. Chaz did a great job painting it! (The candelabra is from Chaz's grandma who passed away a few years back. I love sentimental pieces.) We're going to move that mirror and replace it with that sign.


Changing table. We just painted and changed out the knobs from an old dresser we had. (Still need 4 more knobs for the top 2 drawers but every Hobby Lobby in town is sold out...probably because we bought them all.) Chaz's mom found this AWESOME antique mirror that was meant for this nursery.


The closet. Ohhhhh this closet. This is what you get with a house that is 70 years old. The staircase eats into 50% of this already teeninsy shoebox of a closet so we had to get creative. We installed 3 clothing racks to maximize every inch of space. Chaz had the idea to put a chandelier we had lying around in the closet. Now we have a light...this is a major luxury for us. Ha!


Here is another piece of furniture we painted. It was lying around upstairs not being used. This piece was mine when I was a little girl and even went with me to college. Again, I love being able to reuse furniture.


A shot of the entire room. We found a super comfy, thick rug that will be perfect for playing and reading books on. Oh I can't wait! Chaz's mom came over and sewed the tiebacks on the window drapes. I think it turned out better than I could have imagined.


Lights off:


Anyhoo, I'll post more pictures when I finish decorating. This room has been so much fun to piece together. I love how all of my family has been able to pitch in and help out with it. It's been a labor of love for little bitty Dean. :)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

so pretty! she will LOVE playing in there :) ps will you email me your address, in light of the awesome name you chose i want to send you something... mdean83@yahoo.com

amy said...

hi bonnie, love dean's room. so sweet. what is the name of the wall color? i really like it. i'm needing a creamy white for my little girls room but having trouble deciding. would you mind emailing me the color. my email is 3finegirls@gmail.com

*Courtney* said...

it looks beautiful, bonnie!

Allison said...

i love it! can't wait to see you this weekend! eeks!

Cassie said...

LOVE it!! So beautiful!

danielle said...

what a classy little baby already! LOVE the nursery, it is just precious! well done! although i hope she comes when expected and not too early!

Kim said...

Your nursery is beautiful. It looks so pretty but calm and relaxing too. I hope she does a lot of good sleeping in there!