Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Well, that was interesting…

Chaz and I had a little “wake-up call”, if you will. I had my routine doctor’s appointment yesterday. I had a restless night of sleep the evening before, but didn’t really think much about it since a good night’s sleep is becoming a luxury these days.

My doctor asked me how I was doing and I told her that I was tired from the night before and a little “crampy” but otherwise good. She stopped what she was doing and said “what do you mean, crampy?” Alarmed at her response to my casual comment, I said “yeah, I’m just feeling a little achy in my abdomen.”

Apparently, this is not normal. I’m so smart. Without being too specific, she checked me and immediately sent me down to the hospital to be monitored. They gave me a shot to stop the cramping. Chaz and I sat there for what seemed like an eternity as I was being monitored. Of course, my first and foremost thought was the well being of Dean. She seemed to be doing fine and even got the hiccups while we listened. We began to discuss “If she came today…” and all the millions of things that needed to be done…oh my…

Luckily, I was sent home with a couple of prescriptions and what to do if this happened again. Next time (hopefully there isn’t a next time before her due date) I will be a little more informed and not ignore my body signals. I’ve read a ton about how your “body will tell you this” or “you will feel that” but you never really think it’s going to happen. Or in my case, it didn’t hurt bad enough to really think much about it. I’m so glad I had my appointment that day. Whew!

So on the list of things to do this weekend: buy a pack of diapers or 2!!! Haha!!! Or how about finish the nursery furniture? Do I need a mobile? I need to get one of those. Clean out my kitchen cabinets? AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow- totally listen to your body. Kinda scary.

In answer to your question, yes we are doing Babywise & it is working WONDERFULLY! We love it & everyone always tells us how good Kennedie is. I don't feel like it is as controversial as everyone makes it out to be. I think as long as you understand that you need to be flexible & realize that every baby is different & use the book as a guide & not the baby- bible then I think it's great!

Allison said...

oh my! glad everything is okay!

*Courtney* said...

so happy y'all are all okay! we want dean to finish cookin' in there. :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

This happened to Arrie today too -- soo scary! Grow babies grow!