Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Nursery For Little One

I’ve been asked a lot lately about my nursery ideas and if have anything specific in mind. The answer is yes. I have all these thoughts in my head of what I want it to look like but the problem lies in converting the picture in my mind into reality…a problem that I have with decorating.

I have no problem discerning between the things I like and don’t like…it’s the actual process of putting it all together that distresses me. I buy things I like but end up putting them away because I don’t know how to actually decorate with them. My friend Tina, the almighty decorator, laughs at me and all the bedding, curtains, pictures, etc I have stashed away in closets for fear of use. This is why, if you were to walk in my house, you will see lots of bare walls.

In saying all this, I don’t want my nursery to turn out this way. I’ve got tons of ideas but I’m already getting that overwhelming feeling and I don’t even know the sex yet. I realize there are sooo many other things in this world to spend my time thinking about but I just can’t help it, dang it. The welfare of my of baby depends solely on what color it’s nursery bedding is. Haha-totally kidding people.

Anyhoo, so below are a few of my ideas that I have. I love the idea of a nursery being a calm, bright and airy place.

This is the room we are going to use:


Replace the ceiling fan with this antique chandelier that's currently in our hallway:


This is a king-sized duvet cover that I found at Dillards on the clearance rack. It was EXACTLY the pattern I had been looking for. My mother-in-law is going to be making my bumper pad, crib skirt, and whatever else goes with the bedding out of this material. She's the best seamstress around! Sorry it's dark but it's bright canary yellow and white:


This rug. I want a huge, soft area rug that you can sink your toes in. This will help soften the noise due to the hardwoods:


Bright white linen curtains tied back with a canary yellow bow:


This glider from Pottery Barn:


A funky, shabby chic side table that sits next to the glider like this:


Painted this color, my accent color:


And I love this elephant hamper! It is so random but oh so cute!! It comes in white but I think I maybe be overdoing the white:


And just because this room has all the color schemes going on that I want for the nursery, I'm posting it. Love this room!


Basically, what this all means is that if it’s a boy, I’m back to square one. Ha!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute! But don't forget blackout curtains! Very important during naptime.

Kami said...

if it's a boy you don't have to start over! Just add some striped pillows and a darker blue accent color. :)

Allison said...

aww love it! and yes i'm with kami...add some navy blue into the mix (i love yellow and navy together) and you've got yourselves a boy's room! that elephant hamper is too cute!

Nicole said...

Very nice! A wonderful change from pink, or light blue. (And I love that the blog matches!)

Ann Hastings said...

So cute! I love how creative you are! Keep the ideas coming, I want to see how it turns out :)

Jessica said...

Bonnie- I was blog hopping and found yours! Congratulations!! I had no idea you were expecting! My husband and I are due in May with a little girl. I really like all your ideas for your nursery- you are way more ahead than I am. I'm going to add you to my reader to keep up with you! So good to find you out there! Blessings to your family of 3!

*Courtney* said...

That sounds lovely! I wish I had a knack for decorating like all of y'all. And Savannah would've loved to have that nursery...yellow is her FAVE color! :)