Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

14 weeks - 2nd Trimester Whahooo!!!

Welp, I’m officially into my 2nd trimester! Some of the things I’ve read about the 14th week say “now is a great time to announce you are expecting.” What!? I would love to know who can wait that long to spill the beans. I realize there are special circumstances but still, I could barely contain myself one minuscule week of knowing…let alone 2 months!

So many neat things are happening this week with Little One. “Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.”

That’s right, my baby is peeing! Hahaha! That is just the coolest. Do you think it’s too early for potty training? :) It would be so neat to see Little One sucking its thumb because that’s what I was doing in my ultrasound. So cute!

14 weeks! (Ignore my sloppiness. I haven't been feeling so hot these past couple of days and I had been wallering around on the couch before I took this.)




In other developments, we have a crib! (Thanks, mom!) Chaz and I both agreed on it immediately when we saw it. We have looked at tons of cribs at every place imaginable and there is no comparison in the quality and look of this crib to those we’ve seen. It’s huge and I can’t wait to put it up! I was at the store imagining laying my baby down in it. I love that thought. :)

It won’t be in this stain but in “rubbed white”.


On a totally different subject, please keep the Bizaillion & Ross families in your prayers, as I’m sure most of you have. I’m just devastated about the news of Jenny and my heart breaks for David & Malaya. The only comfort I have is knowing that she is no longer in pain and will never know pain again. What a wonderful thought!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your little belly!

Can't wait to meet the little one! :)

The Murphree's said...

Hey Bonnie! I love reading your blog as well. Congratualtions! I'm sure you are just as happy about being a Mommy as I am! I love the crib too! I can't wait to find out if your having a boy or girl...You are finding out right?! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy...hope you feel better soon. My morning sickness (which was ALL DAY) didn't stop until I was 22 weeks. I hope it doesn't last that long for you!

By the way, a few days ago Coach Nichols, Carrie Batson, and I were talking about all of your animals you used to entertain us with!

*Courtney* said...

Looking good, Bonnie! And the crib is so pretty. But with your decorating skills, I'm sure everything will look awesome. Looking forward to finding out if your getting a daughter or a son. ;)

John, Emily, Noah, and Luke Wohlgemuth said...

Sorry to miss you last week end :( I would have loved to see you. I am feeling better and started a new medicine.

You look so cute in your pic! Are you having a baby shower in Mesquite?