Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Friday, October 30, 2009

October, oh where did you go?

Where to begin, where to begin. October has turned out to be a very, very hectic month. Don’t know how but it just did. Here’s a quick run-down of what’s been going on. I know that you are just dying to know :)

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of heading down to Texas for a little impromptu visit with my family and friends. I got to catch up with Allsion & Aaron and finally get to meet baby Cohen. Oh lordy did that sweet baby do something to wind up that clock thingy that I’ve only heard other females talk about! He fell asleep on me with a grin on his face and that was all it took. So precious!

I also got to have breakfast with my 2 sweet grandmas. Its times like this that make me sad that I don’t live closer so I can spend time with them more often.


I also was able to stop in at the annual Arrington Halloween party that my friends from high school threw. It was so nice to see everyone that I hadn’t seen in years! I was a pilot but I’m posing as a flight attendant. I guess I have an identity crisis or something.



Some of the girls at the party. We had to tell Amber to turn down the fog machine. Ha!


Another cool thing that happened this month is that the Pioneer Woman (whose blog I religiously follow and love) came to Oklahoma City! She was at a signing at a local book store near me and of course, I had to go! Little did I know that the entire city showed up to meet her. It was insane! I got there thinking that maybe like 100 people might show up and I’d just wait a few minutes but boy was I sadly mistaken! The line was wrapped around the entire building.

So what did I do? I sure did march right up to the front of the line just to get a glimpse. I timed it perfectly because right then, out she walks with Marlboro Man (those of you that read it know who I’m talking about). Perfect opportunity for me to snap a few pics!





Marlboro Man looked like a fish out of water.


And her kids (aka "punks") were right next to me playing on the book store ladder which was precious! They looked at me and smiled, probably thinking who is this crazy lady taking pictures of me.




I left after that thinking I’d go eat dinner and come back a few hours later when the line died down to get her to sign my book. I went back up there 3 hours later and the line was still around the building! Oh well. I can’t say I didn’t try. At least I got to see her and her family. They were too cute! And by the way, she is BEAUTIFUL!

UPDATE: I just went to the pioneer Woman’s website and I’m in the background of one of pictures from her post today! Ha!!! I'm the little white speck next to the woman in the background craining my neck to get a glimpse. I'm famous!!


Tonight I’m going to see Rent in an old historical theater up in Guthrie with a friend from church. I love old towns!! Then my mom and aunt are coming to visit me tomorrow and I can’t wait! I love visitors!

So that’s my October in a nutshell. It was a great month!

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I read Pioneer Woman's Blog too!!! SO cool that you got to meet her and the family- going to her blog right now to look for you in the picutre :)

Allison said...

So glad we got to see you! You can borrow Cohen anytime! :)