Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Insert Stormy Cloud Face Here

Ahhh, September. It’s as if the Earth’s axis knows its September 1st. I woke up to a temperature in the high 50s! That’s right…50s! Our air conditioner that has been in over-drive since May has finally shut off due to the cool air outside. I even asked Chaz last night if we could put the heated blanket back on our bed because I was cold! He looked at me and rolled his eyes. Guess it’s not THAT cold just yet.

Along with September comes lots more ESPN in my house. And with a lot more ESPN comes a lot more Lou Holtz.
Ugh. I have no words. I just can’t handle this guy. Chaz tries to justify how great of a coach he was back in the day and that he knows what he's talking about (unless he picks another team over OU) but NOTHING will ever justify the sound of his voice.

Nothing.

Well, maybe a little Kirk Herbstreit will…:)


Hee hee.

I started running again last week. Well, I’ve always ran but now I’m upping my mileage and watching my times a little closer. I’ve decided I’m definitely going to do the Turkey Trot in Dallas on Thanksgiving. I’m really looking forward to it and from the response I received on here and FaceBook, it looks like I won’t be alone. Yeah! I hope to see a lot of familiar faces at the finish line!!

By the way, if you’re a teacher, Sonic has this new “promotion” running right now called Limeades For Learning. Chaz said it’s a really cool thing for teachers and a way to raise some money for your class. Most importantly, its easy. I think you just sign up if you're a teacher. Check out the deets here:
LimeadesForLearning

if you know me, you know that I'm not a big soda drinker or sweets eater but I found a drink you must never, ever pass up: Vanilla Root Beer with cream! I thought I liked the Vanilla Dr. Pepper with cream but Chaz told me to go with Root Beer instead. I guess he knows what he’s talking about because YOWZERS. This is to die for! Wait, you might now want to order one because you will be hooked!!

Switching gears, I’ve been in a funk these past few days. Just a lot going on in my mind and in my world. Nothing major, just a bunch of little things that have been bothering me. I can’t seem to shake it for some reason. Have you ever felt the need to just cry, not really having one thing in particular to cry about, just to feel better? I think I may give it a try sometime soon because I’ve got a hankerin’ for a good cryin’. Hopefully it will help me get over whatever this weird mood I’m in. The joys of being an emotional female.

Ok, enough of my random thoughts today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Lou drives me crazy, too. CRAZY!! I'm glad we're in agreement.

And thank you for the tip on the Vanilla Root Beer...that's perfect for me because I'm technically not supposed to have caffeine...so Root Beer is a good alternate to my regular DP.

Daniel and Tiffany said...

Bonnie I am totally having one of those days today! We should meet half way in between OKC and Dallas and cry for a while and then drive home! Yes or yes?!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. It has been over 100 degrees out here in California for the last week and a half. It's killing us!!
Good luck with the running!