Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Before & After

I used to not understand all the hype about spring. Sure, the weather is a wonderful change from winter but for all I used to care, it was just one step closer to summer.

But that all changed when I became a homeowner. Spring now to me is probably one of my most favorite times of the year. Visiting Lowes and Home Depot's garden departments has become a hobby of mine. Our lawn becomes alive overnight and Chaz and I seem to knock-out a ton of projects on our house.

(Yes, brace yourself; it’s another fixer-upper post...my house is 70+ years old so it’s a never ending project.) We finally got around to staining our front porch. Before, the porch had 3 layers of chipped up paint. The original color was red. I used to say that it looked as though someone had been stabbed to death on our steps:


A little bit better view of the murder site. Just kidding, although we have been known to dig up dead things:


We chose the darkest color of stone on our house to match the stain. I think it turned out nicely. My theme with this house has always been “it couldn’t be any worse than it was before” which I think is true about the porch...




I just had to take a pic of my beautiful hydrangia!!! I cannot get over how wonderful it is doing in the back yard:


And my out of control tomato plant. It has literally quadrupled in size!!! Can't wait to enjoy the fruits of my labor...haha-pun intended:


To be continued...we have so many other projects planned for our little home. So much fun!!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day! I'm planning on heading to Texas this weekend to spend with my mom. Looking forward to it, mom!


And, I get to spend it with another mom...a new mom for the second time in fact. Yeah for Allison's baby shower! I love this pic of Allison preggers with Noah:


Can't wait to see you guys!!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I love the porch!! SO cute. I'm going to have to pick your brain after we move into our house, since it will most likely be old, too. And I love your "theme"...that cracked me up.

I will ALSO see you at Allison's shower!! Can't wait.

Allison said...

yay!! Can't wait to see you too!!!

The porch looks awesome! I too have become a lover of spring as a homeowner, but even more so has aaron. I like that he is into our yard and landscaping looking impecable.