Here’s a little breakdown of how my run went Sunday:
Start of Race: Licking my lips, clearing my throat, thinking to myself, “Man I’m kinda thirsty.” (Rule #1 of running: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And just when you think you are hydrated, drink some more.)
Mile 1: Whoohoo!! What great weather to run in!!
Mile 2: “Womanizer, Woman-womanizer, You’re a Womanizer, Baby” Running to Britney, can’t beat that!
Mile 3: Man, I could really go for a drink right now. Whew! Drink station ahead, thank goodness! Oh hey, I know that girl standing there. She’s a Kojie!
Mile 4: Ouch! Pain in my ankle, where did you come from? I knew you have been hurting off and on last week but didn’t think you’d make such a quick appearance. Man, that bottle water that guy is holding sure looks tasty.
Mile 5: Still holding pretty steady at my 10 minute pace. Man, did it just warm up a good 10 degrees out here?
Mile 6: I am now drinking both the Gatorade and the water they are handing out at the aid stations.
Mile 7: BOOM!!!! Oh hello there, Mr. Left Knee. Thanks for completely giving out on me. CAN I GET SOME MORE WATER, PLEASE!!!!!?????
Mile 8: Oh hey Chaz and family! Can you carry me back to the car? And by the way, can you get me some WATER???
Mile 9: Still managing to push forward. Completely lost my pace. At this point, I could really care less. I just want to finish. I’m hating life. Did I mention I was thirsty?
Mile 10: Now I’m wishing there was a drink station every 5 feet. People are now stopping right and left to stretch out their cramps. Oh, hello there Mr. Sun. Thanks for coming out to beat me up some more. I needed that.
Mile 11: I think I just saw a mirage of a giant swimming pool and me doing back strokes in ice cold, crystal blue water.
Mile 12: I am now dragging my leg like a limp dog who’s been shot.
Mile 13: What? The finish line? I never thought I’d see you!!!
Mile 13.1: Take a glance at my time…ughhhh…there are no words. Make a bee-line to the bottled waters. Bliss.
So this wasn’t my best race. To be honest, I hated it from pretty much mile 5 on. I don’t know what happened out there. I think going to a race out of town threw my schedule off somehow. I didn’t hydrate or eat well. I wasn’t expecting such warm temperatures after training in freezing cold weather. Just overall, I didn’t feel too great about it. But, on the bright side, I accomplished a goal, had fun with my cousin who ran it with me, and most importantly finished healthy. So really, I shouldn’t even be complaining.
Anyway, here are a few pics:
I think this picture is cute. Zena likes to ride in the driver's seat. Chaz was escorting my parents around to cheer me on.

My cousin, Lindsey (white tshirt). It's hard to take a pic with a moving target.

Me in happier times.

Oh Chaz. I'm so glad to see you. Now can you carry me back to the car?

The 2 most dehydrated gals in all the land.

Wait! Did I just hear a "Go Bonniebee!!" from the finish line? I think I did!! Yeah for Ife being there-made my day!!!

And last but not least, the fake running pose:

Hope everyone is having a good day. Try and stay warm!! Brrrrr!!!
2 comments:
way to go bonnie!!! you look great in your post race pictures! I could barely stand much less do a one legged fake pose! great job finishing, it was definitely a warm day.
ps i saw chaz at the 13 mile flag and thought about saying hi chaz i know you i'm tiffany, but thought it might not be my finest hour.....so i decided against it
AWESOME job! You are my hero. Seriously I don't know if I could do it!
Post a Comment