...I’m still alive. It's just a hodge podge post, so don't get your panties in a wad:
1). Chaz’s job seems to be a little more stressful than usual. He’s having some difficulties with staffing. There seems to be some new drama everyday in the biz; this person's car broke down, that person got shot, he's got baby mama drama...you name it, it's happened to someone at one of Chaz's stores. On the bright side, we have plenty of things to conversate over at dinner.
2). I just looked at my calendar and the ½ marathon is a month away. Yikes! I can’t believe it. Apparently, there are a bunch of people out there who are running in the White Rock Marathon. If you are, let me know how your training is going. I’ve got my 8-miler on Sunday. "3 words for you, Mr. Marathon: BRING. IT. ON." (That’s one of my favorite movies by the way. So many great lines. I think Chaz even pulled out a spirit finger or two during one of his conversations last night.)
3). Coldplay is finally here!! I can’t believe it! It feels like eons ago since we bought the tickets. I love belated birthday gifts…especially ones with Chris Martin involved. :) Sunday can’t come fast enough!!
4). And speaking of this weekend, we’re headin’ down to good ‘ol Texas. (Gosh I miss that place.) We’re helping my brother, Jason, move in. It’s funny because both of my brothers bought houses this past month. I’m looking forward to seeing their new places. Jason bought in Dallas and Neil bought in Royse City.
5). I was doing some channel surfing last night and came across the Country Music Awards. Ok really, I tuned in to see what Carrie Underwood was wearing. Looooved the pink Grecian-goddess type dress she wore, by the way. Was it just me or were some of the performances super cheesy?? Granted, I don’t ever listen to country (*gasp…and you’re from Texas, you say?) so I guess when you’re not used to hearing the songs, you forget how cheese-tastic they are.
6). It’s my turn at work to bring a dessert for one of my co-worker’s birthdays. Does anyone else do this at their office? I seriously dread it more than anything. The whole office gathers around to eat what you have made. It is looked down upon if its store bought. I’m so nervous that someone will find a Zena-hair or bite down on an egg-shell bit. (I’m sure you want to come eat at my house now, huh?) I sit in fear as I watch everyone take a slice of whatever I’ve made. If they’ve left most of it on their plate, then you know you have failed…
1 comment:
I'm actually doing my 8 miler this Saturday! We can empathize with each other. Good luck!
Post a Comment