Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This is my title

Being sick stinks. And I must reek because I’m sick. I’m feeling much better though than I did this weekend. I’m sure everyone at work is slightly annoyed by my incessant coughing/blowing/clearing of the throat. I’m even annoying myself. I’m hoping I recover soon because I’m running an 8K on Thanksgiving Day. It’s the Oklahoma City Turkey Trot. I thought I’d get in a good workout before I blow it with the excessive caloric intake that I will be partaking of later in the day. :)

I think the windy/chilly weather in Texas is the culprit of this cold. We finally got my brother moved in to his new place this weekend in Dallas. It’s super cute and was built in the 50s. I can’t wait to see what it looks like all fixed up. Needless to say, my trip to Texas was terribly short and I didn’t get to spend as much time with my family as I’d like to have. But, I did get to see my nephews which is always a treat. My 6 year old nephew, Peyton, was eating a bowl of Golden Bears cereal this weekend and someone asked him how it tasted. He said it “tasted like dead bears.” He had us all rolling. Precious kiddo.

One reason we had to cut it short was because we had to be back in town for Coldplay Sunday night. It was hands-down their best performance yet. Our seats were pretty good (nothing like Manheim, though) but they got even better when every band member walked right in front of us. Jonny Buckland gave me a hi-five!!! (I still haven’t washed my hand…just kidding. Hopefully, I don’t get him sick :)) It was awesome and I felt like a giddy teenager. So, those of you that have tickets to the Dallas show, get ready because they were AWESOME!!!!

This is the only picture I have of them walking by. I hate our camera. I’ve asked for one for Christmas. It’s the drummer, Will Champion, who by the way sang a solo. I didn’t know he has such a beautiful voice:


A few more randoms…again, the hatred for our camera grew to intense levels Sunday night:


Notice my red eyes--sooo sick. My cure is some Coldplay :)




See!!! That's Chris Martin!!!


Welp, that’s about it. Besides the boiling hot tomato soup I spilled on my lap last night (long story but I have a burn to prove it) and being sick, I think I’m hanging in there. Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday.

Oh, and I must give a shout out to Aaron & Allison for the new arrival to the fam…baby Ellis #2!!! Yeah!!! I love babies!!! Especially when they aren’t mine and I can give them back when they have a poopy diaper :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

thanks for the shout out! and so jealous about seeing coldplay! aaron might kill himself after reading this. we wish we could go tomorrow but we are being very frugle (sp?) at the moment and we hate it of course! i am glad y'all enjoyed it and hope you feel better soon!