Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, November 03, 2008

Brace yourself:

It's gonna be a long, bumpy post!

So I guess I had better jump on the “posting of Halloween pictures” bandwagon. No, I don’t have any cutsie pictures of my kids in adorable costumes…maybe because mine are in their “costumes” year-round. Anyway, Friday night, Chaz and I had the privilege of taking a group of kiddos from Rock Island (an inner-city Mission that’s near and dear to our hearts) trick or treating with a bunch of our friends. We were so proud of the little ankle-biters…they were so polite and well behaved!




Somehow, Chaz and I were out of the loop that all of the “adults” (and I use that term very loosely) were going to be in costume. So, 5 minutes before we went, Chaz and I threw together this little get-up:


I’ll give you a second to figure out what we were.

Here’s a few other pics of the gang:
The Whitmire trio:


The cutest little monkey around, Braylon:


The boys:


MackDaddy (Mackenzie) and her house-sitting dog, McKayla:


Luke, you should really lay off the Chinese Food:


And Chandy, don't know why I don't have a picture of you??? We had a really fun time. There was even a house that gave out toothbrushes!!

Since I had my camera, I took the opportunity to take a few pictures of some of my favorite houses in our ‘hood. I’m a sucker for old houses. Feel free to scroll on thru-it's a little boring...

Our cute little street signs:










The neighborhood Gazeebo-where all the par-tays go down:


This house is how I discovered our neighborhood a few years ago. I saw the house for sale online and wanted to drive by it. Needless to say, that's the moment we fell in love. Sorry it's dark. It was getting late:


Oh, and by the way, my chandeliers were finally hung!!! And yes, we hung 3…yes 3…in my tiny home. Overdone?? No way! I like every room to make a statement :)
Dining Room


Hallway (yes, the hallway)


Kitchen


And, last but definitely not least, here are a few pics of my little girls in their precious costumes:
Best buds:


I think this is hands-down my most favorite picture of little Zena. Ohhh the life she has...it sure is tough:


By the way, in case you haven't figured out what the heck our costume was, we went as "YouTube."

Happy Monday!!

No comments: