Have you ever contemplated certain instances in life and how you blindly went through them not thinking a second about the consequences albeit good or bad? Maybe I have too much time on my hands but sometimes I get to thinking about the “woulda, coulda, shouldas”in life…
Boys. Was it really necessary to waste so much of my youth on stupid boys? Uhhh, if I had a penny for every boy drama (I’m sure I created), I’d be able to pay off our national debt… If I’d only known then what I know now…
Softball. Why couldn’t someone have stepped in and saved me a few years of endless practices and sitting on the bench and told me, “Bonnie, you stink at softball. You will never make Varsity. You throw like an idiot. Give it up already.” 8 years of my life-yeah, that’s right. I gave it 8 good years…if I’d only known then what I know now…
Tanning. Really? Was it necessary to have age spots and crows feet at 25 in order to look more toned for prom?? If I’d only known then what I know now…
Student Loans. Need more money? Sure! Just sign on the dotted line. Need more Bean Bucks?? Sure! Just add it to that invisible “account”. Bought my books for $700 only to sell them for $120?? Sure! Quick easy cash. I still vividly remember the day before I graduated from ACU. I went to my mailbox to check it for the last time (sniff) and getting a letter stating “Congratulations on your graduation! You owe an amount equal to the GDP of a small country!” Wow. You mean school wasn’t free??? Oh the lessons I will teach my son and/or daughter… If I’d only known then what I know now…
Reading the textbook. I would have had a much higher GPA in college if I had actually read the textbook that cost me an arm and a leg. Usually, I’d resort to some last minute cramming and memorizing of a few key terms. It would have made my life so much easier if I would have just simply read. Who would’ve thought? If I’d only known then what I know now…
Renting. Ahhh…living in a small confined space comparable to a shoe box with hand me down furniture and not a care in the world? Being able to pay rent and all your bills for less than $1,000 bucks a month? Uhhh, yes, please!! What was our rush? If I’d only known then what I know now…
Lance Bass. If you’ve known me since around, oh 2001, you know I had a “thing” for N*Syncs Lance Bass. That’s right. I had no idea. Seriously. I had the posters, the Bobble Head, the folders-everything. I want a refund. I should have seen it coming. If I’d only known then what I know now…
Carpet. Just call me a genius for installing white carpet (“Vanilla Bean” to be exact) in our bedroom when we have 2 dogs…one of which is still a puppy. Hello. My name is genius… If I’d only known then what I know now…
Chaz. Boy did I not know what the future held for us! So many great things! The countless inside jokes (Neuschwanstein castle) and the “what does this remind you of” moments are what make our marriage so entertaining. We have been through so many things in the past 7 years that I wouldn’t change for the world. 7 years! I call him a cradle robber--I was barely 18 when I met him and now I couldn’t contemplate life without him. If I’d only known then what I know now…
4 comments:
hah! great post!
I love the Lance Bass line...I believe you took that love of Lance right into Freshman year at ACU :)
you crack me up! i totally agree with you on most! but we sure did laugh hard many o' times while watching nsync videos- now that was soo worth it! :)
you speak such truth
Post a Comment