Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Over-the-top Halloween Decor

Running in my neighborhood during the month of October has been pleasantly distracting. Everyone’s Halloween decorations are up and in full force. (I also need to mention that someone even had their Christmas tree up…really?? It’s mid October?!?) It’s funny to see how families differ on what constitutes as “decorations”. Most are cutesy and have big blow up spiders and pumpkins outside on their lawns.

Others are puzzling. Kinda freaky actually. This one scares me.


(This isn’t an actual picture from my neighbor's front yard but it’s pretty darn close.) The actual ghosts at my neighbor’s house are actually larger. They bounce around in the wind and everything. Needless to say, I found a different route for my running.

That got me to thinking about people's weird yard decor. I found this link entitled “Over the Top Halloween Decorations”...you have to scroll down to the slide show: here

The ghosts aren’t near as freaky as these “decorations”. Yes. People actually spent hours upon hours constructing these. Sick.

So after seeing these, I prefer to leave you with my “prospective” on what Halloween should be like:

All together now "Awwwww!"



Poor cat...but this is sooo funny:


Happy Halloween!!! (Kinda-I'm a little early like the house with the Christmas tree...)

No comments: