What a weekend! Unless you live under a rock, I’m sure you know the outcome of the TX/OU game. I will spare you any rehashing of the subject, my dear OU fans. The only reason I’m even bringing it up is to lead you in to my next story :)
Friday morning, we headed down to Texas for the game I won’t mention again and I received a call that my mom had been sick all night. Long story short, my mom had to be admitted to the hospital because she had a gall bladder attack. Well, since her gall bladder had such great timing and it was around 4 o’clock on a Friday afternoon, they couldn’t schedule her surgery until Monday morning. So, needless to say, my poor mother had to be in the hospital all weekend. After many doses of pain medication, many hours of lying in a hospital bed, and a surgery early Monday morning, my mom is finally home and doing well. Thanks for all the calls and support. I really appreciate it and I know she does as well.
For some reason, since we got back Sunday night, I have been exhausted…like when my head hits the pillow I don’t move all night type of exhaustion. This is a rarity for me. I couldn’t even get out of bed this morning. I don’t feel bad at all. I think it’s just my body’s way of letting me know that I need to slow down. I don’t know why I’m telling you this but sleep is all I can think about right now. Maybe this drizzly weather is a factor as well.
Ok, seriously, I think this is the worst post ever and that’s pretty bad considering most of my posts don’t really rank very high on the excitement level. I hope I haven’t put YOU asleep from reading it…but if you are asleep, I envy you…
1 comment:
Glad to hear your mom is better and I am sure she is so glad to be home!
We loved seeing y'all this weekend as we always do :)
Post a Comment