S.O.S.! My cooking creativity has hit a wall. I'm sick of all my old recipes so I solicit your EASY, minimum-ingredient, dinner ideas. The last thing I want to do when I get home from work is make a dinner that takes forever to cook/prepare. I’m constantly trying out new recipes that I find online and they stink! So, do you have a tried and true recipe that your family loves that is SUPER easy?? (I don’t think I can emphasize EASY enough here.) Help!!! I’m begging you!!!! And so is Chaz!
7 comments:
I make chicken pot pie a lot, and its good as leftovers too.
1 can chunk chicken (Swanson's is best)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can mixed veggies (or a bag of frozen, your choice) - drained
1 c bisquick
1/2 c milk
salt & pepper to taste
Mix chicken, soup, veggies and salt and pepper in a 9 inch pie plate. Mix milk and biscuick and a small amount of salt and peper, pour over top of chicken/soup/veggie mix. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 or until golden on top.
We like this mac dish that my mom made when we were little: I double it for leftovers:
-2 boxes of mac and cheese
-fresh or frozen brocc.
-2 cans of chicken or a whole broiled chicken
-1 can of cream of mushroom soup
Cook the mac and cheese like normal.
steam the broc, then add it to the mac and cheese, then add the chicken and mushroom soup...its kind of like a casserole!! Hope you like it!!
We make Bryan's mom's enchilada casserole...it's really easy and really good with chips and salsa.
1 lb ground beef
taco seasoning
4 tortillas
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 bag shredded mexican cheese
1 can refried beans
-Cook the ground beef with the taco seasonings per the seasoning instructions
-In a casserole dish layer the ingredients as follows:
1. thin layer of ench. sauce to prevent sticking
2. tortillas (tear them to cover bottom of dish)
3. refried beans
4. cooked/seasoned beef
5. the rest of the ench. sauce
6. the other 2 tortillas
7. cheese until you can't see anything under it :)
Bake it at 325 degrees for about 25-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and it's bubbly. You can put sour cream, salsa, or any other mexican stuff with it.
I got a great one I'll post for you tomorrow! I need sleep now!
Thank you so much everyone!!! I can't wait to try these out! Feel free to post multiple times...you can NEVER have too many recipes. Yummmmm!!
i am definitely trying all of these recipes..ha! thanks bonnie!
i am sure you already make this...but we do taco salad at least once a week! it is so easy and a family favorite!
ok, you need...
sausage(dinner sausage, I use turkey sausage now)
BBQ sauce
Rice(I use brown boil in a bag)
Sauted onion if you like
Slice the sausage and brown it on a skillet(if using onion I saute it first)
Boil rice
When the sausage is browned a little I pour a little bbq sauce on it and mix it all around.
Then serve it over the rice. This is a yummy easy dish I use a lot and have told others and they LOVE it too!
I usually do that with Roasted greenbeans
I use frozen long green beans
Put them on a cookie sheet or broiling pan(something you don't care if it stays looking nice), either spray them with oil, or use olive oil and mix them around with salt and pepper(an any other seasoning you'd like)
Spread them out over the pan and bake at 515 for about 20 minutes(until crispy) I usually shake them around a bit after 10 minutes.
I love it because it's a pretty healthy meal as long as you go easy on the sause :) And it doesn't taste healthy!
MMMMMM, my mouth is already watering!!! :)
Post a Comment