Since I don’t feel like writing a bunch of sentences that are meaningless (which is pretty much what my entire blog is), here are some random thoughts/things going on:
1). Chaz had to let go of a store owner a few days ago. Chaz was pretty bummed. He really liked the guy and has mentored him for a couple of years now. Good, honest, hardworking employees are truly hard to find.
2). In 3 weeks, Chaz and I are running the Race For the Cure. If you’re in OKC on October 4th, come join in!!! We’ll be the ones in the Tater Tot shirts. No, we didn’t make the shirts. We’re on a team of Sonic employees. Tater tots and running...seems kinda contradictive, doesn't it?
3). Rich Dad: Poor Dad book update: This book sheds new light on how I manage our finances. Anything that makes me use my brain a little more is good, right? One of my favorite lines in the book is: “poor people think ‘I can’t afford it’; rich people think ‘How can I afford it?’” Super simple thoughts. If you’re really looking for good financial advice, I still highly recommend Dave Ramsey all the way. (See his link to the right:))
4). Does anyone watch “Jon & Kate + 8”? My mom told me to watch it and Chaz and I absolutely LOVE IT and are hooked. Makes us kinda want an ankle biter, especially when the kiddos say the sweetest/funniest things. I also LOVE how they constantly want tons of hugs. Precious. Alexis (or “Ayexsis”) is our favorite!!

5). How about this Ike mess? We’re even going to be affected up here in OKC. Heard we’re supposed to have massive flooding, yIKEs!! (I’m sure no one has used that line yet)

6). My mom, two aunts, sister-in-law and her mom are all coming up this weekend. I love having guests!! I like preparing for their arrival. Chaz, I'm sure however, does not.
7). Chaz’s parents got season tickets to the new NBA OKC Thunder team yesterday. There are advantages to having parents with tickets, you know :) You better believe I have a shirt and my big blue Styrofoam finger ready to go. It's crazy (and great) to see how fast season tickets went! By the way, the logo/team name is starting to grow on me…

8). Can you believe it’s been 7 years since 9/11? I still remember exactly where I was (Freshman Pysch. Class) when I heard about it. I was in shear panic mode because my parents were flying that day. So surreal when I see pictures, news clips, etc. It’s like it was a dream or something out of a movie.
9). Speaking of 9/11…I read an article that Obama and McCain were not running their attack ads today in respect for 9/11. Why can’t they respect the American people and refrain from running them all together? Just a thought…
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Remember those who lost their lives today and what a great country we live in. I’m truly HONORED to be an American!! I think I'm in a better mood now :)
2 comments:
Of course I watch J&K+8! Aaron isn't as fond of it as I am but, I love watching it thinking to myself...man I have it so good with just one!
It will be fun to be Thunder fan from the beginning! At first I didn't like that logo but it is growing on me as well!
Are you coming down OU/TEXAS weekend?
Just catching up on your blog since Mexico. Few thoughts:
1. So happy for Chaz and his new job. That cake is hilarious...I've seen pictures like that and thought they were fake! Now I know its true.
2. I was really interested to hear your thoughts on Sarah Palin because I was expecting you to be torn (as you are). I agree with you 100%. I'm excited to have her as our VP Nominee though - I hope she really brings some good to that ticket.
3. Agree on the attack ads
4. 9/11/2001 - Freshman Bible class with Dr. Love
5. I remember Dr. Lynn talking about RD/PD also and haven't read it yet. I need to read that.
6. What kind of books are you buying from half.com? My 2008 book list is on the side of my blog. My favorites: Marley and Me, Secret Life of Bees, The Commoner, Memory Keeper's Daughter.
Wow, thats one really long comment. Sorry! :)
Post a Comment