Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Great Sites of Oklahoma

This past weekend, a gaggle of girls came to visit me from Texas. My mom, two aunts, cousin, sister-in-law and her mom all caravanned up here for some good ‘ol Oklahoman fun. Since there isn’t much to do here, you have to get creative. So, what did we do?

First stop was “Pops”. It’s a place just north of Oklahoma City on the historic Route 66. They sell any kind of soda pop you can imagine. I had a “Vanilla Soda” which was like an Italian soda I used to get down in the Bean Sprout. (All my ACU peeps know what I‘m talking about.) Here are a few pics from our extravaganza:

It was rainy, thanks to Hurricane Ike. The bottle lights up at night.



Who knew soda pop could be so decorative?



Aunt Liz, cousin Lindsey, & my sister in law Nance out front:



Hanging out in front of the large soda:



Then, we went a few more miles down the road to the infamous “Round Barn”. “Located on Route 66 in the heart of Arcadia, The Round Barn is one of our nation's unique landmarks. Built in 1898, it originally served of course, as a home for livestock and also as a place where dances were held for the local townspeople.” (I totally jacked this quote from the barn’s website.) Not super interesting but hey, it was something I’ve never seen before. Yeehaw.



Get your kicks on Route 66:



Then, Saturday night, we went to Red Pin, a new upscale bowling alley located in downtown Oklahoma City. There was NO SMOKING ALLOWED! Pretty sweet. We had a blast!! We did, however, have a few technical problems with our lane so they gave us bowling and a few entrees FREE! I’ll definitely be going back!

They had cool bowling shoes:



Being idiots:



Who says you can't have a good time in Oklahoma??? :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Looks like fun!

Are y'all going to the OU/TCU game? We will be there!