First, the ER vet did some tests on her back. Thank goodness, she found nothing. Then, she moved her little neck around, side to side then up and down. “YIIIIIIPPPPP!!!!” Bingo. It was her neck. The vet thinks that she either A) pulled a muscle or B) slipped a disk. She gave her tons of pain relievers, anti-inflammatory meds, and a muscle relaxer to help her sleep. We’re not out of the woods yet. We have to watch her closely for the next week and a half to two weeks to make sure there is no nerve damage. :( My poor baby! She’s been moping around all day, not eating, looking so sad and in pain. In fact, she looks so sad, I took a picture of her sweet little pitiful face:
We’ll keep a close eye on her. Of course, I’m a nervous wreck thinking about her being in pain. I’ll keep you updated on her progress. (Not that you probably care. I guess it’s therapeutic for me to write about it.)
Moving on, Saturday was a day of house decorating. We went out furniture shopping for a new chair for our living room and we actually found one! Yeah! It’s really hard to tell in the picture the material but it’s so pretty and comfy.
Zena had to get in the photoshoot:
Oh, and here’s a picture of my dining room that we’ve been adding to here and there. (I’ve had some peeps asking to see pics so here it is…a work in progress) Hey at least I have a table I can eat at now…haha!
One last bit of house news, we were driving home and noticed a faux fireplace mantle in front of an antique shop. I told Chaz to turn around so we could go look at it. I went in to see how much it was and the lady told me she had just sold it. I was bummed. She then told me she had another one in the back. It was even better! We bought and I immediately painted it seriously 30 minutes later. Ha! Here’s a picture of it. I just put the 2nd coat of paint on and it’s in our dining room so this isn’t where it will end up:
Since the original fireplace in our house has been covered up (can you believe that? Who would cover up a fireplace? So weird!) we are going to put this mantle in our living room, mount our tv above it, and put tons of candles inside it. I’ve been getting a lot of ideas online and I think it will look pretty cool. Hopefully.
Anyway, that’s about it. Sorry for the long post. You probably aren’t even reading this by now. Hope everyone has a great Monday. I hate that I have to go to work-I’d rather be with my baby. :(
5 comments:
Awww...Bonnie I hope your baby is ok! Your living room looks great! You're a great decorator! Want to come to Alabama and do our house? -Sara
Any updates on the pain you were having? Hope it's gotten tons better! And hope your baby gets better soon too!!
you know i love blogs about decorating! everything looks great! hope sammy gets better real soon!
I understand the feeling of seeing your dog in pain...Bevo had to go to the animal ER and have a cast put on his leg b/c I accidently kicked him when I jumped up to get a treat! So sad.
And the new stuff looks great...I definately like the green. :)
Hope sammy is doing a bit better this week!
Post a Comment