Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, January 28, 2008

A Hodge Podge of a Post

Well, I thought my Sammykins was in the clear. She went an entire week without one yelp. We were so thrilled to see that she had improved…that is until yesterday. :( Since it was in the mid 70’s here and was such a gorgeous day, Chaz and I decided to walk Sammy & Zena to the park. They were thrilled to go on a “walkies”. (Every time we say “You wanna go on a walkies?” both of their heads perk up, they run to the door, Zena runs as fast as she can in circles, and they sit down perfectly still for us to put their leashes on. It’s the cutest thing ever!) Anyway, we get to the park and start to run around with them. Chaz throws Sammy’s toy and “YIIIIIIIP!!!” We stopped playing immediately. She wanted to play so bad, it broke my heart. We’re going back on the meds to see if we have any improvement. My poor, poor Sammykins. She seemed a little sore this morning so I’m going to keep an eye on her….

In other news, Chaz left for an Antonio this morning. He’ll be gone until Thursday night. I’m lucky to have some of the greatest friends because Chandy & Amanda are going to come over tomorrow night to keep me company. I’m going to cook for them--keep your fingers crossed that I don’t poison anyone. :) I like entertaining people. I don’t do it enough. I’m hoping I get to have more people over this year…especially since I actually have a table and chairs. Ha!

I’m still on track for the half marathon. I have had to switch it up and start using the elliptical for now in order to keep some of the pressure off of my knee. I am finding that the elliptical is a WONDERFUL cardio workout. I never used to get on it because I thought “Oh, they don’t do much. Running is so much better.” Boy was I wrong! I feel like I have more stamina now than ever and am gradually working my way up to longer workouts each week. I drove the course I’m going to be running this weekend to picture in my mind what it will be like. Cheesy, sure, but it helps me visualize my self running it. One great thing about this course is that I get to run through some of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Oklahoma City. I’m hoping the chraming historical homes and the picturesque views of the Capitol will distract me from the pain that I know I am sure to have in my knee.

Welp, I’m pretty boring. No pictures, no exciting news, nothing. Sorry. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

No comments: