Things are finally starting to get back to normal around here. We went a total of four days without power and now that seems like nothing compared to the people who still don’t have power. We are very lucky, except in the tree department Our Elm tree and pecan tree are coming down today. Apparently, the old tree had rotted on the inside and couldn’t take the weight of the ice, thus why it split like it did.
Anyway, enough about my dead trees, last night was the annual Cross & Crown Mission Christmas party. We had a blast! We played Dirty Santa which is always fun, even if every gift I wanted was stolen from me. Chaz and I always like this game because we like scheme and try to get what each other wants. He of course, stole something for me and ended up with nothing for himself. I always try to make it up to him at other parties and we have two more rounds of Dirty Santa coming up with my family’s Christmas.
I am so excited because we leave for Dallas on Friday to go and have an early Christmas with my family. It’s so fun watching my niece and nephews open gifts and waiting on Santa like I used to. I absolutely LOVE to hear them talk about Santa. It’s so precious. I used to think I heard reindeer hooves on our roof and try and get to sleep before Santa came down the chimney. I think, too, I didn’t want to be awake because, let’s be honest; the thought of a large, strange, fat man in my living room kinda freaked me out. I used to look for his foot prints by our chimney. My parent’s were really good at the whole Santa deal-so good that I believe in Santa until…get this…8th grade. Yes, I am not ashamed even though Chaz likes to make fun of my gullibleness (spelling?). Again, I like to think my parent’s were just that good… :)
Happy Tuesday :)
2 comments:
Glad you're not ashamed Bonnie, I think we'd all like to believe in Santa for as long as possible. :)
Sad about your trees...I love big trees.
have a very merry christmas!!:)
Post a Comment