Well, I’ve definitely been busy since my Chazzie has been gone. I thought it would be a lot harder than it has been, but I guess I’m getting the hang of it. Between the dogs and tending to our house issues, I haven’t really had time to think about my lonesomeness.
This past weekend, we had to re-seed our ENTIRE front and back yard. Talk about back-breaking labor! I’m still extremely sore. Since our yard has tons of huge trees, they block full sun light. Therefore, every year, we’ll have to re-seed our yard so it grows back nice and green. This means we had to lay fresh dirt down, plant seeds, and now water for 10 straight days. Watering is no fun when you don’t have a sprinkler system. As we were raking, shoveling, watering, etc this weekend, I looked over to Chaz and said “I bet you miss the apartment right about now, huh?” He just scowled. Poor guy!
We FINALLY got the correct couch delivered this weekend…only a month after we ordered it. Geez! I guess it was worth it because I absolutely love it. Chaz and I can both sprawl out on it which is a big change from that uncomfortable piece of poop we had before. Now it will be nice when I have people over. We can all sit on the couch TOGETHER. And, after a year and a half of using TV trays to eat on, we FINALLY got a table for our dining room. Sad, huh? I had finally had enough of eating in such an uncivilized manner and got a really cute table from Pier One that I’ve had my eye on for awhile. We got an amazing deal on it since 1) it was already $200 off the original price and 2) we bought the floor model. I’m telling you, that is the way to go when you buy furniture. We have lots of pieces in our house that were floor models or in the scratch and dent section. I mean, by the time you get it home, you’ve already scratched it up so why pay full price? Plus, I find it fun to get a good deal. I get a thrill out of it. Ha!
Oh and the Zale’s gift from Chaz was definitely not for his mom. :) Hee hee. He got me a beautiful ring which I love. I have the best hubby :)
1 comment:
post pics of all your new stuff soon!!
Post a Comment