So, here’s a little update on the house situation. I’ve been waiting to post anything else because I’m afraid of getting my hopes up. Everything has been going very smoothly, and I mean smoothly…so smoothly that I have been worried that a little “snafu” awaits us around the corner. My meeting with our lender went great, counter offer went off with out a hitch, and we even rented out our house this weekend. Well, here comes the “snafu”. Good ole inspections. Don’t cha just love ‘em?
This morning we were supposed to have inspections at 9am. Well, Chaz and I both take off work and are there at 9am sharp. 9:30 rolls around, still no inspector. Finally, 9:45 comes and we get a hold of the inspector. He has the inspection on his calendar for tomorrow. Ok, ok, not that big of a deal, we’ll just come back tomorrow. Luckily, our termite and insurance guys show up. Termite guy says everything looks good. No little buggers. Great! Insurance guy, not so much. Here comes the major “snafu”. He says that he’s not sure about the roof being in good shape-so much so that State Farm might not insure it. If that’s the case, then we won’t be able to get the house. :( He said that he’s getting their roofing guys out there today so I should be finding out here in a bit if it’s a go.
So it might be a good thing that the inspector got his days mixed up because if we find out that our insurance won’t insure the house then we won’t have the inspector come out…thus saving us a good $500. Anyway, I knew something like this might happen. I’ve been preparing myself for this day. That’s why we haven’t bought one thing for the house and I still have been looking at the MLS site everyday for a back up plan. So, worst scenario would be that we don’t get the house, we’re homeless on July 1st and have to move in to Chaz’s parent’s house for a few weeks. Gosh, that sounds really bad. But, I’m staying calm. Not gonna freak out. Just relax. It will all work out. :( I guess I’ll know here shortly…
Anyway, everyone keep your fingers crossed. I’m SUPER nervous….
1 comment:
Oh Bonnie, that stinks. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed...when we had ours done there was a gas leak that could've caused all kinds of problems. It all ended up working out, so you just never know. Keep us posted! :)
Post a Comment