Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Humpty Hump Day

This week has been stressful with a capital S. And I’m only doing it to myself, go figure. I mean my life is so simple and easy and I can’t be satisfied with just being. I have to go, look at houses, stress out about houses…and for no reason. We are in no hurry but for some reason, I feel like I am. I need to SLOW DOWN! Let me explain:

This past week, Chazzie and I have looked at about 15 homes. 2 were MAJOR possibilities. So much so that we went back to see them a second time. The first one was awesome and our first choice of neighborhood. It had been completely redone and the kitchen was my favorite part. It has custom cabinets and a glass black splash. It was built in the 20’s and was a doll house. Well, we went back to see it the second time and noticed water was leaking in to the basement pretty bad through the walls. I hear it’s pretty common in this area for the old houses to do that but this seemed to be worse than the others. So we moved on and I was disappointed.

Well another came on the market Sunday and it was honestly, my dream home! It was a two story, white columned home in one of the up and coming historical areas of OKC. It had 2 fireplaces (one in the master bedroom), huge bedrooms, and my favorite part, stairs in the back of the kitchen that lead either upstairs or back out to the living room. It was just precious! It even had an old laundry shoot that went from the second floor down to the laundry room in the basment. Well, we went back and looked at it for the second time and noticed the roof needed replacing. Also, it needed a garbage disposal and a dish washer, which is pretty common in these older homes not to have them. Anyway, I immediately LOVED this home and Chaz has said “NO”. He thought there were too many repairs and it would be too expensive. I’m so sad and disappointed, yet again. Why do I do this to myself you ask? That’s a good question.

And so, we will trek on in the journey of finding a home. Luckily, we have all the time in the world. I’m just so ready to buy it’s not even funny! I guess my nesting instincts are in full gear and my brakes aren’t working. Ha!

In other news, we leave for Dallas in the morning for the wedding. I can’t wait to go home, get some fresh air and see my family. I think it will take my mind off homes…for a few days at least. Ha!

Well, I got a boat load to do before I leave tomorrow. I better get going. :)

1 comment:

*Courtney* said...

Bonnie, you sound just like me! I get emotionally attached and then it's a big let down. That's one thing you can't do during house hunting AND keep your sanity. Matt was good about making sure I thought of the houses we looked at in a non-emotional way...of course, that's easier said than done. Don't stress though, that perfect house will pop up when you least expect it! :) Have fun in Dallas this weekend!