Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

New Digs

Well, we have officially moved in to our little home! Yeah!! I love it!! I told Chazzie last night that I couldn’t be happier with it-and that’s the honest truth! It’s interesting because I’ve had a very strong, compulsive urge that has come over me these past few days. I’ve never felt like this before…I think it’s the house’s fault. I’M DYING TO SHOP AND BUY FURNITURE!!! I don’t know what has gotten in to me. It’s all I think about! It’s so bad that the first thing I did this morning when I got to work was pull out a yellow legal pad and divided sections of the paper into the rooms of our house. I listed all the things that I need or want for each room and my visions for each room. I’m going crazy sitting at my desk thinking that I could be out shopping for things RIGHT NOW!!! It’s like I’ve officially turned into a big girl and I’m loving the idea of decorating!!

I called Chaz earlier and said the first thing we’re doing when I get home is go straight to Lowes to buy paint for a few pieces of furniture we have. I got a bunch of ideas from Pottery Barn’s website and I’m so glad I finally have a vision in my head of the way I want things to look. I am probably the world’s worst decorator, but things seem to be coming out the way I want them to, which has NEVER happened to me. Maybe it’s because my little house is sooo cute!! Heehee.

Last night was our first night there and I couldn’t believe how quiet our little street was. We are on a dead end street so it really makes a huge difference, especially since we came from a noisy apartment complex full of college kids whizzing by in their cars blaring loud music. MAN AM I GETTING OLD! HA!!

It’s so funny because Sammy likes her backyard but LOVES the front yard. I guess because there’s more action going on out there. I went home for lunch and ate on my front porch with her laying in the yard falling asleep in the sun. It was so peaceful! I could have curled up right then and there and taken a cat nap, for sure!

Well, nothing else is really on my mind at the moment besides furniture/decorating shopping. I guess my “nesting” instincts are finally kicking in. Later Gator :)

No comments: