This weekend was crazy! I blinked and it was gone. Moving can be pretty stressful, if I say so myself. Let me start off by clarifying that we did not BUY the house, but are RENTING the house. We are currently saving for a house right now and I think one more year of renting should be sufficient enough to buy. I can’t wait until that day, but for right now, I love our little house!!
We “officially” got the keys to the house on Saturday night , but Chazzie and I already had pretty much all of our house packed so we could take a big load right over. Tomorrow (Wednesday), is the day where all of our large stuff is being moved. So our first night there will be tomorrow! Yeah! I still have a ton to get done but it won’t be that bad. Whoohoo!!
On Saturday, while we were waiting for the phone call from our landlord to say we could move in, we went over to our friend Drew & Amanda’s new house to help chip in with their remodeling. They just bought an adorable new home not too far from us and are totally remodeling it before they move in. Chaz and I got there just in time to paint the 2nd bedroom. We had a blast-I never knew painting could be so much fun! Ha! They closed this past Friday and have already painted pretty much the entire house, pulled out the floors, put new fixtures in, and stained the cabinets. Crazy! It’s so fun to have friends going through (pretty much) the same things as we are.
Chaz is getting ready to train the new partner who will be coming in to take over his store. I can tell Chaz is becoming more and more excited about his new job. Of course, he will miss being his own boss and having control over his own business, but the early mornings and annoying customers will be a thing of the past. Yeah! He’s trading is work boots for dress suits. Haha-that rhymed. I’m definitely not looking forward to dry-cleaning bills, though.
Well, if I could figure out how to post pics of the house on this bloggy thing, I would. But I guess facebook will have to do for now. Until then, I’m out like trout…
No comments:
Post a Comment