Yes, it’s been awhile since I’ve been able to blog. A lot happened this past week/weekend that I will fill you in on. Needless to say, I’m sleep deprived and still have a million and one things to do.
On Wednesday, I received a call from Chaz’s mom telling me that Chaz’s Poppy Rex had past away. He had a massive heart attack around noon. Chazzie was so sad to loose his grandpa. The memorial service was held yesterday (Sunday) in the Oklahoma City State Capitol, which was pretty neat because I had never been there before. Poppy was a District Attorney for several years and worked as attorney for the Dept. of Labor for Oklahoma. That’s why the service was held there. We were all relieved that he had a quick death and not one full of suffering. It was a beautiful service at a beautiful place. Chazzie spoke and did an outstanding job.
On a lighter note, I still kept my plans to go to Dallas on Friday-Sunday for my mom’s birthday and to visit family. As soon as I landed, I went straight to visit little Noah and Allison. OH MY GOSH!!! He was just precious! He was smiling and extremely alert. I was so glad that he wasn’t napping. He put on a show for me! Ha! It was so wonderful to see my old buddy Allison. It made me miss her tons. Seeing the way Noah and Allison interacted made me want a baby so bad! It really lifted my spirits to see those two. :)
I also was able to visit both my grandmas, my aunts, and my cousin Lindsey. I haven’t seen everyone since Christmas so it was nice and refreshing. I also bought a ton of decorations for my new house, which we are moving into THIS WEEKEND!!! I have so much to do like pack, turn off/on utilities (which I’ve never done), and pack some more! I am so excited but I just wish it was all done for me. I hate the disorganization that comes with moving…but it’s well worth it!
With so much going on, I’ve fell off the diet routine a little bit but have still managed to keep working out. My 5K run is in a little over 2 months, so I better get back to eating better. It’s been really hard trying to eat right when I haven’t been to the grocery store. I told Chazzie I wasn’t going to go until after we move into the house. I don’t feel like moving food from one place to another. Yuck! What a waste of time!!
Anyhoo, I guess that’s it for now. Oh, Chaz will start his new job April 1st – this way he’ll have enough time to train another partner to come into his store. Chazzie is ready for the new challenge and I’m ready for the suits in exchange for the dirty, stinky work clothes. Ha!!! I’m out :)
2 comments:
Once again, congrats on all the new things happening in you and Chaz's world...I just noticed that Chaz starts his new job on April Fool's Day...he could just not show up and then use that as an excuse the next day...jk. Hope everything is going smoothly with the transitions. :)
I'm really excited for you and Chaz... I love Sonic.. if you ever need a 7 year veteran, just give me a call, hehe! Miss you!
Post a Comment