Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Survival mode

(I'm having major trouble with uploading pics to my blog so here's what I have scribbled down before I forget!)

2 1/2 weeks have come and gone since Andi made her debut. Updates on her progress so I can remember!!

-on a 3 hour feeding schedule. 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm, 1am, and 4am. Whew! I'm tired just typing it out! Here's a snapshot of my alarm on my phone. Brutal.








-it's paying off because she's obviously gaining weight (I mean, look at that belly!) and she's doing awesome with her sleeping. The only feeding we have trouble with is her 7pm. She doesn't to want to go back to sleep for some reason. Oh well, I'll take it at this feeding rather than in the middle of the night.

-umbilical cord fell off right at 2 weeks. Well most of of it anyway. Gross.

-I've been able to get out by myself with both girls this past week. Well, had to for dr's appointments and school. They both have done great! I'm a little sore from all the lifting and walking but other than that, things have been pretty smooth sailing.

-I'm down 16 pounds as of last Tuesday. 15 to go! Cannot wait to be cleared to work out. Haven't been able to since week 20 of pregnancy!! (October!!)

-still in newborn diapers and clothing. She got so small at one point (around 6 lbs) that I contemplated buying premie clothes. Luckily, she's gaining weight like a champ. Last weigh in (a week and a half ago) she was 6lbs 7oz. I'm definitely thinking she's back up to birth weight.

-went on our first walk today. Felt good to get out and enjoy the sun.

-first bath together at 2 weeks. Dean loved helping!

Right in the thick of survival mode right now and it's not so bad!! Thankful for all the help and support we've received. Definitely has made it easier for us!!

No comments: