Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Andi Kate is here!!!!!

I'm finally finding the time to sit down and write about Andi's birth. Whew! What a wonderful, whirlwind of a week!

I was scheduled for my c-section on Tuesday April 8th at 7:30. When we got there, they wasted no time getting my IV (ugh) in and the show on the road.

Just before surgery, exactly 39 weeks, puffy face and all :)






Two kids!?! Yikes!!!






They wheeled me back and got the show on the road. It took at least FOUR TIMES to get my spinal block to work...yes four! Oh my. Other than that, this surgery was waaaaaaaaaay better than it was with Dean which I attribute to a) not having to labor all day and b) just plain knowing what to expect (ie the pressure, sensations,etc.)

They brought my little angel over the tarp and immediately, I fell in love all over again. Such a surreal feeling.

First family (well, sorta) picture:





They let me do skin to skin this time with Andi whereas I didn't get to with Dean. It was awesome and I definitely think it helped with the breastfeeding. Homegirl was ready to chow down immediately after they brought her to me. She began rooting almost immediately which is so fascinating to me. God sure knows what he's doing!! :)

Introducing Andi Kate Wester born 4/8/14, at 7:54am 6lbs 12oz 19 inches long.






I couldn't believe how tiny she was!! Definitely didn't expect to have such a small baby. I guess this is what my dr meant when I was "measuring small".

The hospital stay was great. A little on the painful side but that was to be expected. I will say I did so much better (ie was able to get up and around quicker, etc) this time around which was wonderful. I will say I was waaaaay more emotional/hormonal but that's how this entire pregnancy was for me. This is another post in itself lol!!

Dean has been AH-mazing with her. She's very protective of her and always wants to help and hold her. My heart does flip flops when I see them together.

Family selfie (don't know how I fit all my bloated-ness into the pic but I thought it was funny.)






























Fast forward a week later and Andi is awesome!!!! She has her three-hour feeding schedule down and is hungry constantly (soooooo different from Dean). She also is sleeping perfectly. I'm doing the babywise schedule again which is feed every three hours, wake time for about 30 mins, then sleep time. It's working right now so I'm PRAYING it continues.

Couldn't do it all without the tremendous help from my mom, Chaz's parents, and friends. It really does take a village to raise a child. They have allowed me to establish this schedule with Andi which I believe is crucial to our family getting much needed sleep. I'm beyond grateful.













Oh Andi. I have no words for the love I have for you. It's indescribable. You complete our little family and my heart. :)

No comments: