Chaz was offered a new job within Sonic. I was so excited for him...that is until I heard it was IN HOUSTON.
Yes, Houston.
I know nothing about Houston other than its muggy and has lots of traffic.
What a double-edged sword! On one hand, I was so proud of Chaz for being given this HUGE opportunity for his career. On the other, our roots are here. Our sweet family and friends are here. I mean, we haven't even been in this house 2 years!
The past few days have been pretty tense. I have had no appetite and my thoughts were consumed with moving. I had our Christmas decorations out but didn't proceed with putting them up because I thought it might be pointless. (They wanted Chaz to start before the end of the year.)
I was so relieved and thrilled when I got the call today that Chaz had declined the offer. He just didn't feel right uprooting us at this time. And for that, I am so grateful. :)
So...no moving and no Houston. Thank you sweet baby Jesus!
Totally switching gears, here's a few pics of homegirl, of course.
Putting on her makeup:



Some of you have probably already seen this picture but I just thought it was just too hilarious not to post to my blog.
Chaz worked from home one afternoon and needless to say, not much work was done. Every few minutes, I could hear Dean asking Chaz "What cha doin', daddy?"

And Sammy's expression is so funny.
While Chaz was out of town, Dean MAY have snuggled in bed with me...until 10pm...with a paci...and ate cookies on daddy's side of the bed. But Chaz doesn't have to know that. ;)




And going to school this morning...I think she looks JUST like Chaz as a toddler in this picture.

A few things about Dean lately:
-she is beginning to understand the days of the week. She came home from school today and said "today is Tuesday!" Even though it is Thursday, I'm still highly impressed.
-she named every single person in her class photo. Amazing.
-easily knows her colors and some shapes. Triangle and rectangle ares till hard for her.
-remembers EVERYTHING! You tell her something one time, 3 weeks ago and she will bring it up in conversation. (Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Ha!)
-tells me what to do. "Mommy, turn right here", Mommy, park right here", "Mommy, sit down right here". Bossy.
-still eats like a bird. Unless its candy. Ohhhhh the candy.
-I'll randomly start singing an old-school VBS song or Bible class tune and she will immediately know it! (And the motions, of course!) Love how she retains so much information from MDO.
-still loves to dance. Can't wait to get her into some type of dance class. She. Will. Love. It.
-loves babies, cooking, singing, and is super dramatic. Still so girly.
-so incredibly friendly. She loves saying hi to strangers...she even gives a huge wave and smile to the UPS guy as he drives by. I think this may be my favorite thing about her.
Hope everyone is having a great week!!
- Bonnie :)
2 comments:
I was really sad at the first of that blog...glad you are not leaving :)
On another note, we need to have another girls day/night! Let me know a good time for you. Obviously next week is bad. What about the next week?
Hmmmm no Houston!
I'll take it... Still closer in OKC :)
Glad things turned out the way they were meant too! Home girl is too cute!! ...thinking she needs a little friend :)
Love you guys
Post a Comment