We decided on a tiny little (around 4 miles long) island that we had never heard of called Isla Mujeres, just a 15 minute ferry ride outside Cancun.

I was a little nervous since no one seemed to have heard of it or been there but I thought if it had a beautiful beach and a pool, I'd be alright.
And I'm happy to say, it was our BEST trip EVER!! I'll let the pics do the talking.
The ferry to Isla. They were air conditioned AND had WiFi. Definitely didn't expect that!

View from our amazing room!! (That's Cancun in the distance.)

Chaz on the top floor of our room, in our very own private pool overlooking the ocean:


We snorkeled and saw thousands of fish:


Going to dinner!

The food was delicious.

Beach beds. Love them.


While we were laying out, we saw this beach vendor selling coconuts. I've always wanted to drink out of a coconut...so we did!

The coconut was not very sweet, which I liked, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if it was cold.

Largest iguana I've ever seen. I called him the hotel's mascot:

Hotel pool:

Such a cute little town full of very, very kind people:

Stairs up to our top floor:

Last day. Sniff.

We've already said we are going back...possibly even to this same hotel. We loved the food, the beach, all the activity, the people...everything. We could have definitely stayed longer but being away from this gal for 6 days was hard enough!

HUGE shout out to my mom for taking care of homegirl. Thanks, Mom!!!
- Bonnie :)
3 comments:
Looks like a blast! If you're going back...we're coming with you! ;)
Beautiful pictures!!!
Let's do a group relaxing vacation... I've never heard of the island, but would love to!! Plus Phil and Chaz could play golf one afternoon while we hit up the spa? :-)
Wow! Looks like fun!
Post a Comment