The race started out pretty humid and hot. Luckily by about mile 9, it started misting...then raining pretty steadily. Boy was this a welcomed gift from above for this over-heated runner!
Here's some pics from the race.
My sweet family came out to support me:


Dean waving at the runners. Precious.



After the race with my sweet friend, Jenn. She is a beast! She ran it in under 2 hours!!!

All the girls, I mean mommas, in my small group that ran it with me: (Besides Lauren...not a momma but friend from church.)
L to R: Lauren, Danna, Jenn, Me, Heather

So proud of you ALL!!!!
And now I must take this time to brag on my awesome husband. He has been so supportive throughout my training. He's taken care of Dean during my long weekend runs, come home early from work to make sure I got my runs in, rearranged his schedule for me for the past several months...wow.
He got up with Dean at 5 am this morning, fed her, and hauled her around in the rain during the race for me. I got home and he had turned off the baby monitor, laid out my pjs, made the bed and told me to go take a nap for as long as I needed. Heaven. Thanks so much, Chaz!!! You're the best!!!
- Bonnie :)
1 comment:
Go Bonnie for making your goal, and go Chaz for taking care of your woman! I bet the investment was worth it for you both. ;0
Post a Comment