


She made sure to cover them up with a "bankie" and patted them to sleep. She seriously sat here for 10 minutes, guarding them like a momma bear. It was precious.
She has also learned to sit and listen at the library which is huge! I remember being worried when I first started taking her that she would never learn to sit still or sit in my lap. Here's proof that I was wrong!

Front and center, people! And not a peep!! And yes, I put shoes on her but for some reason, she didn't want to wear them. I pick my battles.
Well, the half marathon is in 13 days. THIRTEEN DAYS! I can't believe it's here. I only have a handful of runs left. Unlike my previous races, I have, for the most part, enjoyed training for this race. I think it's because I've had LOTS of support from my other mommy friends. We are all learning to balance mommyhood and time for ourselves and it's been so wonderful to have their support, advice, and friendship through these past several months.
Knock on wood but my knee is still holding up fairly well. Talk to me at mile 10 during the race and we shall see if that's still the case. Ha! I've had some really great runs lately that I hope are a precursor to how I perform in the race. I usually set a goal of "just to finish and not walk" but this time around, my goal is to make it under 2:30. (yes, I'm slow. Don't judge) so if I make it in at 2:29:59, I'll call it a success!
Send good thoughts my way if you think of me next week. :)
- Bonnie :)
1 comment:
She is so cute! And super congrats on her sitting still and listening. We've yet to master that!
Post a Comment