Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sawwy

"Sawwy"...aka "sorry" is something we've been hearing a lot of in this house the past few days. Hard to think this sweet child is capable of hitting, scratching, and pinching...







But she is more than capable. It leaves me scrambling as to what to do. For now, every time she hits me (or Sammy) I pick her up, take her to her room, put her in her crib and talk to her about not hitting. I walk away, let her think about it for a minute, then come back in and tell her to tell me (or Sammy) "sowwy" and give me (or sammy) a kiss.




I don't know what I'm doing but like a lot of things we do in this house, repetition will hopefully favor me in the end. We shall see.

On a more positive note, tonight she held up two sippy cups and shouted "TWO!!!" plain as day. Chaz and I looked at each other stunned and of course celebrated as if KD scored the winning shot in overtime. She never ceases to amaze us.





I don't think my heart has enough room for all the love I have for this little gal. :)

- Bonnie :)

2 comments:

John, Emily, Noah, and Luke Wohlgemuth said...

Stick with it! The last couple weeks, I am finally seeing that all the consistency in discipline and teaching is paying off and it only took 3 years! Ha! I guess it will take many more!

Jamie Thompson said...

Finn had a little hitting phase and being consistent helped us. He also learned really quick that it hurt and I think that's why he stopped. He hugs me now if he accidentally hits or drops something, its precious!!